Chapter 1

Hi! I'm Miles, the creator of this fanfic. I'm here to give you a little background, because as you will notice at the end of the first 4 chapters, it mentions that this fanfiction has been made about 2 years ago. That is, in fact, correct. I had originally published this fanfic years ago, and never finished it. Due to my lack of upload, I decided to depublish it, as well as other personal issues that had happened 2 years ago, causing me to not wanting to continue. I am writing as of 09/16/2017 1:40pm (U.S way of writing dates). I have reread and reedited this fanfiction many times, finding a new mistake each time. I have decided that I wanted to continue this fanfiction, but may go slowly. As you will notice, the first 4 chapters might seem a bit confusing, in terms of writing the point of view. I'm going to try to make the point of view a little less confusing from now on, maybe even putting an indication of the p.o.v it will be in. As for now, I hope you enjoy the fanfiction, and please, give me some feed back. I'd love to know all of your opinions! Now onto the story..

Welp, I just bought this diary/journal from a shop before entering the train station so I could write down some things, and make a few memories. So.. I guess I'm going to do a proper 1st entry, I guess? Here it is..

July 11, 2009

Dear diary (or to who ever snatches my diary),

It took a lot of convincing, but I finally convinced my older brother, Ichiro Hisashi, to allow me to live in Ikebukuro. After our parents died because of a B&E gone wrong, it left my older brother and I to take care of ourselves. You might be thinking, "why didn't we go to a family member's house to live there?". Well, our mom and dad didn't really have a close relationship with other family members, so my brother had to take care of me. He was 18, and I was only 10 at the time of the accident. I really look up to my brother for taking care of me when he barely touched the path of adulthood. I can't imagine taking care of a 10 year old. Like.. feeding me, helping me, buying clothes for me, and all of the while doing it himself and so young, too.

Heh, I remember the first time I had my first 'time of the month'. I was 12, in tears while calling out "Onii-chaaan! W-Why am I bleeding from the private parts? Why does my stomache huurrt soo baaaad?"

Yeah. I feel sorry for my brother. He pulled a lot just for me, and I could never thank him enough. Although, he does get his annoying moments. Once I entered highschool, I stopped calling my brother "onii-chan", or "onii-tan". He kept bothering me to call him "onii-chan" instead of "brother". Unfortunately for him, I only call him onii-chan/tan whenever I want something.

Another thing about me is that I, sadly, look like a guy at the most parts. Living with your 'onii-chan' alone for most of your life makes you look up to him so much that you start to dress like him. I would never dress in anything remotely girly ever since I turned 11 years old. I get mistakened for a guy so much that I'm sort of used to it by now. Having short black hair doesn't help either. Sure, I get slightly ticked off if someone thinks I'm a guy at first, but I just brush it off and go with the flow. I just feel so embarrassed to have to correct them on something like this.

One last thing about me is that even though I might seem sooo.. open and friendly, to be honest, I'm not. I can be friendly if I wanted to, but in all seriousness, I don't really have any friends. Since I looked like a guy most of the time, I always got bullied for not being as feminine as the other girls. People would call me Rei, instead of my real name (Mana). Only then would I be called 'Mana' if I were to act feminine. So I just.. shut myself out, build a wall around me (metaphorically), and never really opened up to anybody, and being cold to everyone most of the time, with the exception of my big bro. I mean, I do have online friends, but I don't really talk about much to them. Hell, all they 'know' is that I'm a guy, and I'm moving to Ikebukuro today, but that's only a few people I know online which they go by the names of 'Saika', 'Setton', 'Tanaka Taro', 'Bakyura', and my least favorite 'Kanra'. Everyone is so nice and all, but 'Kanra' always gossips about things like the 'Dollars', 'The Black Bike', and other stuff. The fact that the girls and the guys at my old school would always gossip about me, I try my best to stay away from that. 

Plus, I think that 'Kanra' is lying about a few things from 'herself'. I'm putting quotes because I seriously doubt that 'Kanra' is a girl. The things 'she' says makes me doubt of 'her' being a girl and not a guy. I should know. Something about the way Kanra speaks makes me feel like they're putting up a facade.

Sooo, going back to "convincing my older brother to let me live in Ikebukuro on my own", I'm about to become 20 years old next month and as my birthday gift, my brother needs to let me live on my own. My brother was furious and worried that I might be robbed, or the worst case scenario, killed. I told him not to worry so much, showed him the area where I will be living at, and that I'll be calling him everyday. After a few more convincing, he finally gave up and let me do as I please. 

You might be thinking "wouldn't he be lonely?". Actually, he won't be. His girlfriend has been living with us for a few years now, and I think it would be a great opportunity for them to get closer to each other if I were to leave.

So right now, I'm on a train, heading to Ikebukuro. So far, so good. Hopefully, it'll get better and better for me right now.

     -Mana/Rei Hisashi

~*~

A/N: Started this chapter at 07/11/2015 11:40pm. Ended chapter at 07/12/2015 2:40am. (Googling things and thinking of the plot is hard. .__. )

[Edited on 05/31/2016]

[Edited again on 07/20/2017 11:43pm]

[Edited again with X-Celest-X on 09/15/2017 10:48pm]