Heartful Confession

ROOHI'S POV

1 month later....

It's been a month since our last fight and Arjun is behaving really weirdly towards me. And here by weirdly, I mean the scenarios as he talks to me nicely, he apologies for the slightest mistakes which I don't even consider as one, he comes home early and now he has even stopped calling me by all those names he used to!

THIS IS SOOO UN-ARJUN TYPE!

Yea but about this feeling to compassion and happiness which I am feeling for his is only known to me and a few others that are Vihan, Aaditya and Kiara. Well Nishta has gone to London for her fashion Designer course and keeps herself mostly reserved. She wants to be spent next 3 years of her life only in making her career and I prefer not to disturb her with all these things. Now as for Arjun, I still pretend to be angry on the way how he treated me in the past just because I am not able to adjust with his new out of blue behavior, but I am more than happy just being on the ninth cloud!

It was past midnight when I was thinking about all these. Actually, I have my university exams coming up in a few weeks, so I was just having a revision. And as I completed my study session and was about to go to bed, the front door opened and here comes the man who was most awaited by my heart. Arjun, My husband. He was wearing black satin shirt and black slacks with messed up hairs and by his looks I can tell he is really tired! As he realized me already looking at him, though being tired he passed me a slight smile and here now where I need to say something needful, I just said a simple hey before him going inside the bathroom and I mentally punched myself for being such a stupid. I always lack words in a convo and to be more specific I don't even know how to start a conversation! But I can't be blamed because I had almost no friends since childhood except Kiara and Kartik who was later my boyfriend for almost 7 years and later that tragedy...I don't want to think about it, at least not now! While I was thinking about all this, the bathroom door opened revealing Arjun come out of it with wet hairs and in casuals. Whatever he wears, he is always damn handsome all the time and looks like 'GREEK GOD' especially when in wet hairs. 

He came and sat across me on the bed with his one leg hanging down and started, "Why aren't you asleep yet?" I replied, "Actually I have my exams in a few weeks, so I was just going through the topics

He came and sat across me on the bed with his one leg hanging down and started, "Why aren't you asleep yet?" I replied, "Actually I have my exams in a few weeks, so I was just going through the topics. By the way, you're late today." 

As I said the statement I could clearly see a visible teasing smirk on his face that made me regret my words, "Oh I see! So mera bhi wait ho raha tha. Isn't it?" He said caught Ing me off guard but thankfully I managed to cover up my blush and pretended to be annoyed by this statement of his, "Aap ko aur koi kaam nahin hai kya! Thoda pyar se kya bol diya bas chane ke jhaad pe chad jana hai. You know I don't like all this flirting." I thought this would make him silent but still he and his smirk remained unaffected and especially that smirk which only I know what effect it has on my heartbeats. "What do you mean by pyar se baat?" I was about to say something when he chuckled slightly and said, "Okay I was joking! Now leave this and I want to discuss something very important to you which we haven't thought yet." He said with his tone turning to serious and that tensed me because when Arjun Malhotra has something serious then that is definitely not just a piece of cloth but rather something big. "And what is that important thing?" I asked and he struggled to maintain his composer and looked everywhere else but me which was scaring me even more. "Arjun what is it! You're scaring me now!" I said in a quiet impatient tone and that's when he looked into my eyes and started,

"Its us Roohi. You and me. Our future. You know from the time I changed my jerk behavior towards you, all the time, everyday I thought about one thing. What is our future? What are we going to be in the next 10 years? And every time I think about it, I have no answer to any of them. You know the day I shouted at you like hell, just for what!? My cheap mentality about you and your character and I feel main jitna bhi sorry bolun, hamesha kam padega. I knew that I was wrong somewhere deep inside my heart, but my gut was dominated by my mind. Every I you were right and every time I was a jerk to you. Whenever I look at you, I feel like stabbing myself for behaving despecially with you...and now when I have realized my mistake, I don't know about anything but one and that is..."I WANT TO LIVE WITH YOU. I WANT TO SPEND MY ENTIRE LIFE WITH YOU"... but then I feel, whether its too late for this realization? Because it is not only about me and my happiness...but also about you. I already snatched away 3 months from your life and created a permanent memory of mine and my actions in your brain which I am sure not so good. Roohi, I forced you to be with me, but I am not going to force you to stay with me. I want to give you your happiness back but that does not mean for you to be tied with me forever. I want to be with you but the question that arises everyday in my heart is that...DO YOU WANT TO BE WITH ME?" 

He completed with slight drops of sweat from his forehead and I was trying my best not to burst out in tears because I am really moved with this heartful confession. But...I don't know what are these tears for? Is it because I am happy or because somewhere I don't know how to believe him. Trust him. I want to but my heart is stopping me to.

                SOMETIMES YOU COME ACROSS WITH SITUATIONS, YOU WERE NEVER REALLY PREPARED FOR.