A Chance

Aarohi reaches the hospital. To her surprise, Dr Singhania was back from his trip. She walks in his direction and greets him with a happy face.

Good Morning Dr Singhania.

Good Morning Dr Aarohi, I got to know from the nurse how gracefully you handled Simran's case last night. Great work.

Aarohi smiling teeth to teeth, replies,

Thank you, Dr Singhania. Your words motivate me to be the best doctor for my patients. I am forever grateful for your guidance and trust in me.

Dr Singhania nods his head and walks by her.

Aarohi beaming in happiness directly goes to the temple in the hospital located on the second floor.

Joining hands in front of God she shares her experience,

Thank you, God, for helping me to bring back my lost identity. Without my doctor's coat and stethoscope, I am incomplete. Those lifeless months still haunt me.

She closes her eyes tightly remembering those insomniac nights she cried. Days when she waited to grab her ID card back and treat patients. Those higher studies books eventually became her escape from depression and anxiety.

A lone tear escapes her eyes and she lets it flow while still talking to God.

I have no one to share my happiness or sorrow. A few days back I listened to Mimi and Kairav bhaiya's conversation, and they said jinka koi nahi hota unke pass aap hote ho. I know, I have never been that spiritual, but I promise to be the one. Thoda waqt dijiye ka par mein dhere dhere sikh jaungi.

She was smiling again,

You know, in my last workplace no one ever appreciated my work forgot that they never cared to guide me as a fresher or a trainee doctor in the initial days. All they expected me to be the best from nowhere. After joining this hospital, I am slowly understanding the meaning of a team, guidance, how to approach a senior and learn to handle patients on my own.

Thank you for taking me out of that place. Now I know you always have a better plan for everyone, it is just we have to trust the process by staying positive and calm.

While she was engrossed in the conversation with God, a nurse called her to report to the emergency ward immediately.

Aarohi nods her head to the nurse turns to the idol and whispers,

I will be back soon. I know you will listen to all my sayings without any complaints.

After saying this she left the floor with the nurse talking on the patient details.

A little far from the scene was a guy decked up in the Rajasthani outfit, leaning against the gate admiring Aarohi's cute little talk with the God. While doing so he captures the moment.

He moves out of sight before anyone catches him in this attire in the early morning.

He changes into casual wear, a blue-lined shirt with matching pants. While he was busy folding his sleeves up accidentally ended up colliding with someone.

Ouch - he rubbed his forehead and was about to apologise for his absent-minded walking skills. He sees a beautiful figure.

Her face was not properly visible due to the scattered hair. However, her bracelet in left hand was enough for him to recognise who she is.