Madame Raven

Servatis a periculum...

I walked down the hallway, trying to avoid Julia popping out of the office. I lose if she comes out the same time I am walking by.

My ear is pressed to the door Monday morning. Everyone was told not to go near Jonathan's door for some reason I can't shake that I want to listen in. I trust Jonathan but still, having Falcone down at our work place is risky and not right. I come late to their conversation having patients in the early hours, although that doesn't stop me from listening for the last couple of minutes.

"I'm done doing you favors," Jonathan's voice is crisp through the door. What favors are you doing?

"You're done?" The older man's voice is heard as well through the door. He isn't happy with him. What have you gotten yourself into...?

"I will not endanger the plan by helping your friends escape jail time," Jonathan's voice is still calm although the Falcone's is raised.

"We had..."

"It is a risk and people are starting to catch on," I can imagine him sitting with his arms folded and a annoyed look on his face. He tends not to like people when they act dimwitted.

"Who?" Falcone asks.

"The girl at the DA's office," Jonathan sighs. Rachel. Why can't she just leave good enough alone?

"I thought you were going to say the other one."

"The other one?" Jonathan asks.

"The one who hangs around in the shadows. She calls herself Madame Raven." This gets a small laugh from the both of them.

"I am not worried about her. One woman running around Gotham with a mask on is no issue. I know someone who can handle her with no problems."

Who does he know that can handle her.... me... I have never had any run ins with anyone I couldn't handle. I just keep the petty crime down. I would have to be dumb to try and go after Falcone and his men alone. That would be suicide. I want to live at least to have children.

My phone starts to ring in my pocket, my eyes grow wide and the two men stop talking. My blood turns cold as I start to jog down the hallway and around the corner before they see me.

"Hello Doctor..."

"Don't give me that shit Briggs," it's Rachel's voice on the line, I look over my shoulder and Jonathan has his head sticking out of the door,

"Cassandra," he regards my presence.

"Sorry I was just walking down the hallway and I got a call. I didn't mean to cause any disruptions," I smile and Falcone looks at me from the side.

"No problem," he smiles and the door shuts again.

"She's a looker isn't she that one. Even with that being said I will..."

"She heard nothing and even if she did she is far too stupid to understand what we are talking about," Jonathan's curt voice hits me hard.

He is just trying to protect me... He doesn't believe I'm stupid right? I'm not as smart as he is that's for sure. But I could kill him with my eyes closed...

"What is the matter, Rachel?" I push the sinking feeling from Jonathan's words away from my head.

"Bruce?" She asks, knowing her she is in the bathroom on her break. Who even told her that Bruce was back? I think about who would know that information, her boss. I roll my eyes,