Loud Noises turn into Silence Nights

"I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being good all the time. That would be hypocrisy."  -Oscar Wilde

I check my watch, I'm going to be three minutes late thanks to Bruce picking me up. A jet black Lamborghini Veneno Roadster turns into my driveway.

"I'm going to kill him," I mutter as I step quickly down the stairs from my front door.

He rolls down the window, "You're mad," his eyes roaming upwards to reach my face.

"What gave it away ace?" I walk around the car, opening the door and sliding in.

"You aren't really late. You like to get places eight minutes early. So that means you will be there on time," he waits for me to put on my seat belt when I have he puts the car out of park and starts to dive.

"You remember that," I glance over to him, he looks at me for a second and then puts his eyes back on the road.

"Time is a big deal to you. Why wouldn't I," he rhetorically asks.

"We are late by your standards. I'm going to be there three minutes late."

He sighs, "I couldn't get up this morning sorry." He turns left and speeds up a little bit. "Are you afraid Doctor Crane will be upset with you? Considering how much he needs you," it isn't said with anger or malice towards our relationship. It is a general question.

"He won't be upset with me. I test him. I don't think I could ever really make him angry."

"Trust me, if anyone can make someone show even a hint of emotion it's you. Oh I almost forgot," Bruce takes one of his hands of the steering wheel which doesn't bother me, it's when he completely turns his body around and starts looking for something in the back.

"Bruce Wayne, I swear if you don't look in front of you while I am in this car. I will get out of it."

"I'm going 70 miles per hour. That would hurt a lot," he says without worry about the road ahead.

"What are you looking for that is more important than our safety?"

"This," he says handing me a black container, I take it from his hands. Bruce sits back upright and puts two hands on the wheel.

"What is it?" I angrily looking up at him.

"Open it."

I do what I am told. Inside is a chocolate cake with white icing cutting two layers in half. The top is frosted with the same white icing and large chocolate shavings. It looks delicious.

"You endangered us both to give me cake?"

"We are in the middle of nowhere," he rolls his eyes and turns onto the highway. "Take a bite, I keep forks in the glove compartment."

That makes me giggle.

"That's amusing to you?" he glances over at me as he merges into traffic.

"Yes," I open up his glove compartment and take out a plastic fork. He knows what a plastic fork is.

"Yes I know what a plastic fork is," he shakes his head and rolls his eyes. "Take a bite it will change your life."

"When did you get this?" I take break off a section with my fork and put it into my mouth. I'm not one for food. I'm more of a drink person, any type of tea or even bread. I'm a bread person. But Bruce remembers my obsession with pasties of any kind.

"Last night I couldn't sleep. I took the jet down to that bakery we loved when we were kids in the summer. As always Mrs. Effel was working on her cakes for the next day. I thought it would make you feel better about your fight with Julia. You could talk to her and bring that as a olive branch."