Master & Mistress

"You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not." 

―Jodi Picoult

I wake up slowly, trying to pretend that I might have to go to work today... No way everything with Jonathan happened yesterday. No impossible.

"Did I wake you with the pans?" I hear Jonathan's calm voice. I bolt upright in his bed to look at him, holding up the blanket to cover my bare chest. He doesn't regard my naked body, which means that he has been up for awhile.

"I woke up on my own," I smile and breathe in deeply. It wasn't a dream.  I spent the whole day with him. I gave him everything I was. "Speaking of that, don't I have to go work?" I comment as he grabs a couple of files from his desk stationed up against the wall on the right. He pauses and looks at me with a smug expression,

"We are at a convention. We have no idea how many days we will be there but we have a week," he shuts the drawer of the desk.

"We aren't staying at the convention for a week are we?" I question. He walks around and goes to one of his stacks of paper on the dresser.

"You can do whatever you wish. I will be going back to work tomorrow," he riffles through them.Of course he will. I doubt he can stay away from that place longer than two days without breaking into hives.

"I think I'll take Thursday off," I say trying to bait Jonathan into asking why.

"If you are trying to get me to question your motives for Thursday. I won't be."He responds not falling for my little trap. I roll my eyes, staying put in the bed.

I don't know how he would feel if I just got up and walked around in no clothing. I mean he's private about his... Should I be about mine?

"I am never going to outsmart you am I?" The question was rhetorical, it is to get him to turn around. He doesn't, sighing and moving to another stack.

"You are going to keep trying regardless of how I answer that question."

"I feel like you just called me stupid," I retort. This time he turns and raises his eyebrows at me. He stops moving around the papers.

"I did no such thing, you took it that way. You're stalling getting out of bed. Are you going to ask me another question?"

"I was yes."

"I'm waiting." Better ask now or never.

"I have no clothes on. I don't know how you feel to me walking around and getting clothes to put on."

"Where is your...," he trails off as I point to my bra that on top of a large stack of books next to him. "I have no idea where my thong is," I smirk and his cheeks flush. He stares at the bra as if it has the plague. "You had no issues ripping that off of me last night."

"It's different," he gruffly responds and puts all the papers he collected on the bed, walking over to his closet and returning with a dark green button up.

"I have never seen you in this," I comment, he rolls his eyes at my silly observation. He should have responded to what I said. Now I want to know why my comment has him all on the defensive. "Why is it different?"

"Don't ask me that." He walks back to the end of the bed, picking up all of the papers and grabbing a couple of books, he starts to make his way out of the room.

"Don't bring it up if you don't want me to question it Jonathan," I unbutton it and slip it on, buttoning it back up. Before he has a chance to leave something occurs to me. Why would he have sudden self confidence only to lose it? There is only one reason, he isn't entirely himself, "Scarecrow is a little nasty darling isn't he?"