Episode 70

TL by Miru

I'm a Genius Idol but My Passive is Sunfish: Episode 70

"Sir... I'm feeling so hot."

Baekya cast an imploring glance at Jihan, hoping for some intervention about the stifling hat. But Jihan just gestured toward the stylist, signalling Baekya should speak up himself. With a slight tremble, the timid Baekya spoke up.

"Oh dear. Are you hot?"

The manager, rushing over, immediately removed Baekya's hat, saying it wouldn't do for him to be too hot.

"You're right, he does look better without it," the stylist agreed, noticing the sweat on Baekya's forehead and calling for a makeup touch-up. Then, she rummaged through her bag and pulled something out.

"How about we try this?"

It was phrased as a suggestion, but Baekya knew he didn't have much of a choice. Her hand was already reaching toward his face, holding a pair of sparkling clip-on earrings—a large blue gem encircled by tiny white jewels.

'...Princess earrings?'

The sunfish's anxious eyes darted toward Namkyung for support, but he looked just as powerless. Desperate, Baekya sent a pleading glance at Minsung, but all he got was a warm smile and a small fist pump of encouragement. And so, Winter Baekya was born.

"Special stage group, gather up!"

A staff member opened DASE's waiting room to call Baekya.

"I'll be back," Baekya said, greeting the staff and members before leaving with Deokjin.

"Are you nervous?"

"What?"

"You don't look so good."

Deokjin, guessing it might be the earrings, assured him they looked great and offered to fetch a mirror if needed, leaving Baekya no choice but to respond.

"No, you're right. I'm just nervous."

In truth, it wasn't only the earrings. He couldn't bring himself to say that he was more nervous about messing up the special stage, so he went with that excuse.

"I'll be waiting here. Good luck, Baekya! Fighting!"

Baekya, with a nod to Deokjin's enthusiastic encouragement, joined the Winter Song members.

"You're here? Wow, you look fancy."

Geumil tapped his own ear, referring to Baekya's earrings.

"Do they look weird?"

"No, they suit you." He joked that Baekya's plain face worked well with something so flashy.

"Right, thanks. I'll make sure to introduce you to Na Yulmu. You guys would hit it off."

"Na Yulmu? Sounds great!"

As they kept up the playful banter, Baekya's worries seemed to fade. Even while chatting, he kept touching his earrings. Just then, Harang, the last to arrive, brushed past him, bumping his shoulder.

"Ow."

The impact was strong enough that Baekya would've fallen if Geumil hadn't caught him.

"Oops."

It was clearly on purpose, but Harang acted innocent. Baekya hadn't expected an apology, but a little nod was all he got. Even Geumil muttered a low curse, realising Harang had crossed the line.