Chapter 2

Hinata rode his bike, pedaling as hard as he could. He had already passed up his home and he was positive he was a few neighborhoods father than where he lived since the houses had grown in size and luxury standards. Even then, he kept pedaling until his legs gave out and buckled underneath him. He toppled off the bike and down to the ground, his body crashing with the grass beside the road he was riding on.

  He laid limp in the soft grass, not wanting to move from his spot, but knowing he had to make it home or else his family would start worrying. Now that he had time to think about it, he had no idea how long he had been on the roof. What if they had already called the police to find him? What if they were worried?... What if they didn't even care? So many thoughts started to run through his head as he laid in the grass, his body no longer willing to move.

  He couldn't even work up the energy to move when he saw a dark shadow looming over him. He didn't even want to move at this point. If they were going to kill him, he'd let them.

  "Are you okay, shrimpy-chan~?" When he heard their voice though, his body worked up enough strength to lift himself up on his arm. His head tilted back, taking in the tall male in front of him. A smirk was plastered on the grand king's face as he looked at the decoy. "Do you need a ride home? I can give you one if you'd like."

  "I don't need your help, I have it... I just need to rest some." Hinata's response came out colder than he would have wanted it to be, but at the moment he wasn't exactly in the mood to care either.

  "Don't be so rude~ Tobio-chan is rubbing off on you. It doesn't fit you, doesn't fit your cute personality." Oikawa winked, a small blush forming on Hinata's face as he looked down again. The middle blocker shifted to his knees, trying to make it easier to stand.

  "Don't talk about Kageyama like that. He isn't always mean, you just happen to bring out the worst in him." The setter acted offended as Hinata tried to stand, his legs giving out under him once his body was straight. He closed his eyes, ready to meet the ground again. He kept his eyes closed until, wondering if his body was numb enough to the point that he wouldn't feel the ground if he hit it. He slowly opened his eyes to see that a familiar white and blue jacket was pressed against him as Oikawa held him, one hand on the small of his back and the other placed carefully under when his knees bent.

  "Why-?'

  "You should be more careful, Chibi. Your team won't be happy to hear that you got hurt due to you riding your bike, for who knows how long, just to end up in my arms~" Hinata just stared at the boy holding him, not yet pushing him away. His brown eyes meet the grand king's burgundy ones and he suddenly realized why girls followed him at every game.

  Once the sense returned to him and his face had turned a bright enough shade of red to satisfy the older male, he pushed him away, causing himself to drop him the last few centimeters. It wasn't until them that Hinata realized the setter had been kneeling.

  "Why do you even care what happens to me? We're always on different sides of the court to start with, so i'm never your ally. I'm you opponent." Oikawa chuckled some and shook his head, not standing up from where he was kneeling.

  "That only matters on the court. Right now, you're someone who needs my help and I always love playing the hero in these kind of situations." He smiled again and shifted to pick up Hinata's bike, lowering the kick stand by hitting it with the palm of his hand, which Hinata practically winced at while watching, so it stood up on it's own. "There. Now, I need to find a way to get you and your bike home."

  Hinata sat quietly, watching the other think. It was amazing really, the way his brow creased in concentration and he kept his eyes forward. It took a minute for Hinata to realize it was the same expression he had on the court when he wasn't smirking.