7

It is almost the end of Q3 and Allison is on a flying lap. So far she hasn't made any mistakes and has performed spectacularly, but a slight brush against the wall was enough to ruin her lap and because of that she only managed to qualify fourth.

"Sorry," She said on the radio, sounding guilty. Every driver wants to qualify as best as possible, maybe even get pole position, and Allison was no different. She was confident that at least second position was in the bag for her, but that small mistake cost her that.

"Don't worry about it," Her race engineer tried to assure her. "Tomorrow is what matters the most."

***

The media pen was busy with the drivers and reporters for the after qualifying interviews. Allison just finished her first interview and was about to move to the next one when she felt a tap on her right shoulder. She turned to the right but there was no one.

"Hi," The familiar voice came from the left side, a teasing tone.

"I should have known," Allison playfully hit Franco's arm, a smile appearing on her face.

Allison noticed her friend was sweating a lot, and looking tired. The track does after all have this effect on the driver. But she can't deny that he was looking good.

"How did you get time to change so soon?" The Williams driver asks her, noticing her wearing a fresh pair of clothes, unlike himself.

"Because I am faster than you," Allison replied with a teasing smile. "Both on and off track."

"Hey kids," Alex Albon interrupted the duo since they were standing right in front of the reporter who was supposed to interview him. "You guys better continue with the interviews or else the FIA might punish you with more community service, especially you Ally," He pointed at the Red Bull driver and joked.

"Fine, I am going," Allison let out a soft laugh and Alex is pretty sure Franco's eyes sparkled.

Allison moved on to the next interview, but her friend's eyes lingered on her for a few seconds longer before he looked away.

***

Allison lay in her bed after a long day and a much deserved shower. She was hugging a pillow and scrolling through Instagram, liking and commenting on posts, and ignoring a few.

She came across a video of Lando where he was asked if he is worried for the race start since he has two Red Bulls and a Mercedes right behind him, and his reply was "One Red Bull and one Mercedes. I don't think Allison is someone I need to be worried about."

"We will see," Allison said to herself as she liked the video, knowing it would stir some unnecessary drama.

Not a second later she got a notification that Lando had started following her on Instagram. It confused her, but she didn't return the favor. She didn't follow him back.

**********

A/N: So we got both Franco and Lando in this chapter. Thoughts?

So Allison qualified p4. Wonder how her race is going go👀

And Lando followed her on insta but she didn't follow him back. Thoughts?

Would love some ideas and suggestions