10

Allison arrived at the fashion show in Milan, wearing a signature red dress from her mother, Victoria Quinn's new collection. As soon as she got out of the car the camera flashes went off. She smiled and waved for the fans and then went inside.

She was led to the backstage where her mother was busy putting the final touches on a model. The area was busy and people were rushing to get everything right and perfect.

"You made it," The fashion designer's face lit up as soon as she saw Allison.

"Just like I promised," Allison smiled and hugged her mother. "Do you need help with anything?"

"Umm no," Victoria looked around to see if everything was according to plan. "Everything is under control here. Why don't you go and take your seat? The show will be starting soon," She suggested. "And I think another driver is also attending the show."

***

Lando was feeling kind of out of place and awkward since he doesn't attend many fashion shows, but this time he was invited and his manager suggested it would be nice to attend and show his interest. He has already taken his seat, silently hoping someone interesting sits next to him.

One moment he was on his phone, and the next moment he looked up and the girl in a red dress caught his eyes. She had her back turned to him and was talking to some other guests, shaking hands and hugging as if she knew them well. His eyes slightly went wide and lips parted when she turned around. It was Allison.

His eyes remained on her as a crew member guided Allison to the seat next to him. The smile on her face faded and was replaced by a somewhat confused look.

"Hi.." Lando smiled, confusion and starstruck laced in his voice and written all over his face.

"What are you doing here?" Allison asked as he took her seat carefully, trying to keep her dress in perfect condition.

"Same as you," Lando replied. "Attending the show...umm..you look good," He complimented her.

"Thanks, but anyone would look good in my mom's collection," The Red Bull driver smiled. "I mean, look at you." She wasn't lying, Lando does look handsome in that trousers and jacket from the new collection which was probably sent to him along with the invitation.

"Your mom?" Lando was once again confused till his brain started working again. "Wait...Victoria Quinn is your mom...I completely forgot." He came to realization, almost feeling like a fool. "Wait..did you just imply that I don't usually look good?"

"Look at that, you are not really as dumb as you look," Allison shot him a fake smile, but finding the conversation amusing.

Lando wanted to fire but the show started and he doesn't really have a good comeback.

The models started to come out and Allison took photos and videos to post on her social media. One of the models was wearing the same dress as Allison but it was styled differently.

"The dress looks so much better on her," Lando commented, trying to get a reaction out of Allison.

"I know," Allison replied, agreeing with him, not really aware of his intentions behind the comment. "The scarf and the heels really tied the dress together," She assessed the outfit on the model.

She looked at Lando to find a look of disbelief on his face. "What?"

"Nothing.." he immediately put his attention back on the ramp.

***

After the show Allison was backstage and so was Lando. The Red Bull driver was busy conversing with some familiar people in the industry while the McLaren driver was busy flirting with some of the models, handing out numbers and following them on Instagram.

"I am done here," Victoria Quinn walked over to her daughter, feeling tired but happy after the successful show. "Ready for dinner?"

"Yeah," Allison nodded. "But first..." She quickly went over to a rack and pulled out the scarf the model was wearing earlier. "I am taking this," She gave her mother a cheeky look.

"I thought you might like that," Victoria smiled. The small crowd of the models surrounding Lando caught her eyes. "Why don't you invite your friend to join us for dinner?" She suggested.

"Haha no," Allison grabbed her mother's hand and started walking out. "And he is not my friend."

Lando looked away from the models and saw Allison leaving, the bright smile on her face once again caught his eyes. He decided to shrug it off and return his attention back to the models.

**********

A/N: So Lando and Allison at her mom's fashion show... . Thoughts?

Don't know if they will ever be proper friends...but let's see

I knew the news about Daniel leaving was coming but it still took me by surprise and it still kinda hurts. From a business perspective I understand the decision, but as a fan it doesn't seem fair.