Chapter 4

Emma's P.O.V

We walk into the large building and go straight to the desk where one secretary sat answering phone calls and the other waited for people to show up for there appointments. both of them were fairly young. I walked up to the one with short brown hair she gave me a disgusted look.

" Hello " I say approaching her fully she still gave me a look and then turned back to her computer screen.

" This isn't a place for children" she rolled her eyes at is and I laughed" what's so funny" she said with an attitude

" Well it's funny that your giving Derik hales daughter an attitude " she just stares at me with disbelief " You know your boss" I fake smile.

" Prove it. " She says As if I am lying about who my father is. so I take out my phone and press his contact putting it on speaker. after 2 rings he answers.

" Hey honey what do you need " he ask I know he's busy but I am not going to be disrespected like this.

" Well I am here and I am being disrespected by one of your secretary's they don't believe that your my father either" I explain.

" Oh really FaceTime me real quick" he says and I press the face time icon and soon his face appears.

" do you believe me now" I say turning my phone towards her and her eyes widen and she nods her head.

" Stella if you ever disrespect my daughter again I will fire you do you understand now honey you have the key to my office Karen should be in there about now okay love you sorry for the trouble and don't mind her she's new love you bye"

" Love you to " bye. I hang up the phone and look at both of the boys who have a very shocked looks on there faces.

" I am so sorry" she says and I just walk past her and towards the elevator. and press number 10 this building has 22 floors all together. when we stop at the floor I head down the hall and to the left with the guys following and unlock my dads office.

"Emma darling how are you" Karen says coming up to me and hugging me. Karen was my dads best friend and go worker. I've known her my whole life and she's always been there for me when I needed her.

" I am good how about you " I ask relies from hugging her and walk over towards her desk.

" I am great you know the company is doing terrific and I think I am going to start online dating what do you think" when it comes to dating for her she's super picky. only because the man she thought she loved and almost married cheated on her and broke her heart.

" That's a wonderful idea I am so happy for you, oh by the way these are my friends Cameron and Shawn" I Introduce the boys.

" Ah nice to meet you too and your father told me after he got off the phone with you so I was excepting and got some one to judge the song " she smiles.

" Thanks Karen " I smile back.

" So when are you gonna get back in the booth" she ask. I used to sing a little when I was younger but after my mother died I stopped.

" I don't know it's to hard and it just would feel different and I wasn't that good anyway " she rolls her eyes and laughs.

" Wasn't that good my ass" she laughs and looks around the room" wait there's something missing.... where's lexi" she ask. Lexi has been my best friend for as long as I can remember so me going somewhere without her was strange.

" Fighting with Scott " I roll my eyes.

" You know those to fight all the time when are they gonna call it quits." she ask.