Chapter XXV

The wooden walls were brightly lit. The glossy surface of the table reflected some of the light smoothly. There was also that busy and silent noise in the air that had the scent of coffee.

The light barely sneaked through the waves on Aquila's hair. Some tips of the strands snuck past through the furrowed brows parallel to his eyes that stared down at his phone. It shook gently against and on his fingers with every skillful tap of his thumb on the keypad on its surface as he wrote quickly, "How pitiful is the great blue wild flower."

His hand rested at the top of the couch, tapping with his fingers as the sleeves of his white sweat shirt loosely engulfed his arms with its warmth. His thumb paused as his eyes slid from his hand on his crossed legs tightly wrapped by black pants. He stared through the gaps in the glazed logo of Starbucks stuck to the misty window.

The road beside him were empty. Its asphalt glimmered with the remnants of the downpour that ended several minutes ago. There were also brown leaves floating on a puddle by the sidewalk.

He slid down his arm as his eyes slid back to the surface of the screen. He wrote, "The reflection on his rich and sweet nectar could only show what sweet richness he could ne'er own." Chills ran bursting through his spine, from his hand, from the ends of his fingers. It accidentally scratched the thready surface of the couch. His widened eyes looked above him as he shook his hand.

Seohyeon sat in front of him. He could see her tongue peeping from her lips beneath her purple hair as she quickly pressed the screen of the phone she held sideways. The ends of his lips slightly curled as she clenched her teeth and gave out a huff. She dropped her phone to the table as she stared to the window beside them.

He quickly unfurled the ends of his lips as she turned to her and took the small pinkishly white frapp. He bit the end of the green straw running through the small dome-shaped cover of the small cup.

"What, something wrong with my face?" she asked with her furrowed brows above her smile between her dimples.

His head quickly shook as the silent grin on his face came back. It was quickly covered as he turned his eyes back down to the surface of his phone.

The long ends of her bluishly white shirt flew to the side as she slid on her white Chucks to the couch where he sat. She scratched her wrist underneath an unbuttoned sleeve, pulled down the end of her light blue tank top then her short black shorts and furrowed her brows towards him. "What's so funny then?" she asked as she glared and poked his side.

He shook as he reacted to her tickling touch, "The fuck?"

She glared at his eyes, keeping a straight face. Her mouth soon curved, and later immediately crinkling its ends with silent laughter. She shook her head and lied her back on the seat and rested her head to the side of his arm with a slouch. Her fingers held interlocked with each other on her belly. She blew her cheeks as she imitated his legs and crossed hers.

"You know," Aquila said as he turned his eyes back to the screen of his phone, "Eu-eu's going to kill you if she sees you wearing that."

She shook her head as her eyes seemed lost on the surface of the table. Her eyes soon hovered to her brown drink. "Cookies are so great," she mumbled to herself, "way better than strawberries."

He placed his drink down on the table, "Sometimes you're weirdly cute, but you're just being a bloody weirdo right now."

Her mouth didn't spew out a word. She only reached for her drink and the tissue beside it. She took the marker at the side and wrote down something on the tissue with its blue ink.

His eyes, moved by its curiousity, turned to it. "Because I'm Cara Delevinge, bitch," he read the text followed by a heart quietly. His eyes immediately thinned and turned to her face as he examined her. He rolled his eyes with a smile on his face as he shook his head while she kept the weird stare on the opposite couch.