Two

Ashitaka

"Letter for Ashitaka! Letter for Ashitaka! Make way!" Shouted the postman. I looked up from my book. The postman dropped a note on my lap and I nodded. Then he moved on and gave people their letters and telegrams. I opened the letter. It seemed to be written in a hurry.
Dear Ashitaka,
I'm very sorry to ask for your help, but our village is in danger. A large lion spirit who has been possessed by a demon is attacking us. I'm very sorry to trouble you now, but there is only one warrior left as the rest have been killed. Please hurry!
Shimitzu

I knew that if I didn't go, the villagers would die. I showed Lady Eboshi the note and she gave me permission to go. She also gave me a gun and some bullets. I thanked her and went to get Yakul, my elk.
After doing that, I rushed off to see San. It may be the last time I would see her. I galloped on Yakul and raced towards the den. She greeted me with surprise. "Ashitaka! Hello," she said. I urgently showed her the note. "No! Don't go! You will get hurt! I know it's selfish of me, but you'll die! It's a demon that's controlling a LION!" She yelled. "I have to go. It's my duty. Bye, San," I told her. "Dont go!" She was desperately trying to stop me from going. I shook my head. I had to go to save my village. She then took off her 'Teeth' Necklace and tied it over me. "It's for good luck. And go, Ashitaka. And don't you dare die!" And with that, I rode off to my village.