Chapter Five

Harry ran his hand through his hair, putting his grey beanie back on. Checking his reflection in the mirror, he turned off his car's engine, and stepped outside.

The air outside was freezing and the wind felt like multiple whips cutting into his face. He quickly ran to the door, wanting to escape into a warm building. Unfortunately, the old bookstore didn't have heating, and it wasn't much warmer than outside. Glancing around, his eyes fell on Juliette's petite frame huddled on the couch. She was covered with a thin blanket and her legs were curled underneath her. He noticed a silver flask on the small table infront of her, guessing it contained a warm drink of some kind. Surprisingly, she hadn't noticed Harry's entrance, too engrossed in her book. Harry slowly walked up to her, clearing his throat. Startled, she looked up, her face holding an expression of shock.

"Um...Hi," she managed to get out. Harry smiled at her, finding her nervousness cute.

"Hi...uh, do you remember me?" Harry asked her. "I came by a little while ago looking for a present..." He stopped talking, realising she was silently laughing at him.

"You're Harry Styles. Of course I remember you! How could I not?"

Harry laughed along, feeling slightly silly for forgetting that. For some reason, when he was around her, he forgot about his title and reputation. He felt normal.

"Oh yeah," He replied, "That's right. Anyway I wanted to say that my sister loved her present. She had actually been meaning to get that book next. She was also very surprised to find the flowers and card, considering I suck at presents." He smiled at her, noticing the way her cheeks went slightly pink.

"You're welcome, really it was nothing," she brushed it off. "I don't mind, I actually love finding and giving presents."

"Well, it's not really normal for someone to say they love giving presents not receiving presents."

"What can I say," Juliette laughed, "I'm not exactly normal. Anyway, how did you find me?"

"To be completely honest I have no idea. I assumed you would be here judging by how comfortable you looked last time. You knew your way around, so I assumed you came here a lot."

"Well you assumed right. Even though it's very cold, I prefer it to my flat where all my roommate does is play loud music all day."

Harry nodded, understanding her need to be in a quite environment.

After the initial conversation, things got awkward. Like real awkward. Harry coughed, shuffling his feet.

"Well, uh...I better go. I just came by to thank you for your help." Harry wondered why he was so awkward. He always managed to put on a charming act, especially for the fans or media, no matter how bad he felt. After she had left, he had learnt how to become a professional at hiding his true feelings to the public. Now here he was stuttering and acting like an awkward idiot in front of this girl he barely knew.

"Yeah, totally. I mean you're welcome, but thanks for coming by." Juliette gave him bright smile, and he couldn't help admiring the way the small indents in her cheeks made her seem childishly cute. Not that that he thought she was cute.

"Oh!" He suddenly exclaimed. "I wanted to give you a small present as a thanks. I know it's kind of weird, but I give them to all my friends and stuff and they don't seem to mind and..." He noticed her amusement towards his nervous rambling. Clearing his throat, he tried again, willing himself to act like he was a normal person conversing with another human being. Not a weirdo who couldn't form a freaking sentence. Pulling the small bag out of his coat pocket, he moved closer towards her, holding the bag in his outstretched hand.

Juliette reached forward, grasping the string handles, her tiny hands slightly brushing Harry's huge ones. Opening it, she reached inside pulling out a small, black bracelet made of string and gold glitter. The ends were roughly sewed together, surprisingly fitting her slim wrist. Harry watched her reaction anxiously, panicking whether the bracelet was a good idea or not. He didn't even know the girl yet here he was giving her a homemade bracelet.

"Uh...it's alright if you don't like it...I mean it was a stupid idea anyway- I mean, not that you don't deserve a gift- Which Im sure you do- But I understand if you don't like it, it is kind of weird-" Juliette cut off his panicked babbling, laughing slightly.

"Are you kidding me? I love it! This so so cool Harry, did you make it?" Seeing his confirmation, she beamed. "This is so sweet, I love the uniqueness."

She grinned up at him, genuinely happy with his thoughtfulness. This didn't seem like the guy she had read all those articles about. Would that womanizing player be so thoughtful as to give her a homemade gift for helping with a present? She was confused. Maybe he didn't have to be so out of bounds anymore. As friends of course. He wouldn't want anything more than that anyway. Suddenly a huge clap of thunder rattled the store, and lightning flashed outside.

"I'm really glad you like it," Harry smiled at her. "We both should probably head home now, it's already dark."

"Uh yeah, I need to get home before it starts raining anyway, I don't live far away."

Quickly putting the bracelet on, she stood up from the couch, beginning to pack up. Harry helped her, folding up her blanket and putting it in her small shoulder bag.

Then the lights went out. Juliette squealed slightly, involuntarily jumping closer to Harry. He chuckled at her reaction.

"Relax love, it's the storm. The power lines must be out." Juliette pouted at his teasing, feeling a little embarrassed at her squeals.

The rain suddenly started poundjng on the rooftop, sounding like hail. Walking over to the window, Harry sighed.

"The street is lined with cars. There must have been a few accidents, because I think some roads are blocked. Everyone else must have had that same thought of beating the storm huh?"

"How are we gonna get home? It's packed all the way down the road, how long do you think you would be sitting there in your car for? And there's no way i'm walking home in this! I'd be soaked within ten seconds, and end up sitting with pneumonia tomorrow. I don't suppose you have your phone with you? Mine has a dead battery."

"Oh! That's what I left at home! I knew there was something I had forgotten. It must be in my other coat pocket!"

Groaning, she slumped back down in the couch, throwing her head back.

"Hey now," Harry reasoned. "We can always wait out the storm." Seeing her questioning look, he explained. "It shouldn't last too long, and we'd be better off in here."

Juliette sighed, agreeing with him. "Lets light some candles, there should be some behind the counter."

Harry nodded, following behind her.

When she woke up that morning she did not expect Harry styles to show up at the bookshop just for her with a freaking homemade gift then get stuck inside the bookstore because of a huge storm. She was glad though, if she had to spend an unknown amount of time in the dark bookshop with anyone, she was glad it was him. Why? She didn't know quite yet. He was just nice. And Sweet. And attractive. And smelled good... But that was besides the point. If things turned out good, Harry could potentially be the first guy to want to be her friend. Lame, but true.

________________________________________

A/N I DON'T KNOW. IT SEEMED LONG TO ME.

VOTE.

COMMENT.

K.