Chapter Six

"So..." Harry trailed off uncomfortably, wanting to stop the awkward silence. They were sitting on the small couch together, with the blankets thrown over their knees.

Juliette cleared her throat, unable to find anything to say. She was so shocked by his presence that she didn't know how to act around him. Should she be cool and have a couldn't-care-less attitude, or witty and funny? Harry Styles was sitting so close to her she could feel his knees slightly brushing hers every now and then. It didn't matter that she wasn't a major fan; he was still an extremely famous celebrity, who was probably laughing at her behind her back for being so tongue-tied and nervous.

The silence soon grew unbearable. So much so that Harry was forced to come up with an idea to break it.

"Lets play a game?" He suggested. Juliette shrugged, not knowing how to answer. Should I verbally answer him, or is nodding enough? I dont want to seem too eager, but I dont want him to think I'm uninterested- Wait. Am I even interested?

Harry ignored the fact she hadn't answered, and suggested twenty questions. He said it would help them get to know each other better. Juliette was confused as to why he wanted to get to know her of all people, but decided not to question it. As she had no other suggestions, she agreed.

"Lets make it interesting though," she added. "If you choose not to answer, you have to do a forfeit of some kind."

Harry agreed, and they decided that the forfeit would be given prior to each question.

"You start," Juliette told Harry.

"Ok...um...Where are you from?"

"I grew up in Winchester, Hampshire. That was an easy one, so I'll ask you the same."

Harry was surprised she didn't know this information already, but didn't show it. It was refreshing to be able to actually tell people about your life instead of them already knowing everything.

"Cheshire, in a town called Holmes Chapel. How old are you?"

They went back and forth like this for a while until they got to the last few question.

"What do your parents do for a living?" At this question Juliette squirmed in her seat, avoiding his gaze.

"Um...My mum's a nurse and my dad was a chef at a small restaurant. He loved to cook and he taught me how as well."

Harry picked up her anxious body language, especially when she mentioned her dad. He didn't want to pressure her so he decided to ignore it for the time being.

Eager to change the subject, Juliette quickly asked her next question. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

This time it was Harry that tensed up. His eyes left her face and shifted downwards. His hands were clenched into fists as he took a few deep breaths.

"Uh-Um...I-Uh...I...Don't? Yeah. No, I don't." A few words muttered under his breath was also noticed by Juliette. "Not anymore."

He seemed to grow more sure of himself towards the end of the sentence, and Juliette couldn't help wondering why. Was it a bad breakup? Did she cheat? Did he cheat? Either way it was obvious this was a sensitive subject for him.

"Oh...Um why don't we play another game?" She was desperate to change the topic seeing as this game was getting uncomfortable for both of them. They had only been waiting at the bookshop for half and hour, and neither of then knew how much longer they would be stuck there.

"Sure," Harry replied. "What do you wanna play?" It was quite obvious he was relieved that they were acting as if nothing had happened.

"There must be an old board game here somewhere. Lets play one of those?"

Harry agreed, standing up to search for one. Five minutes later, an excited cry could be heard from one corner of the shop. Harry's excited face could be seen over the shelves, as the man was a giant. He ran back to the couch, where Juliette met him, holding the Monopoly board game high in the air. Juliette giggled at his enthusiasm, finding his happiness amusing and cute.

They played for another half an hour until Harry gave up.

"You're cheating!" He muttered. Juliette laughed at his slight pout.

"No, I'm just really good."

"Yeah, well I think you're cheating."

"You're just jealous of my skills."

"Whatever, I don't wanna play anymore."

Juliette laughed as she watched him get up from the couch and walk to the window. He glanced outside checking the weather.

"Hey!" He exclaimed. "It's stopped raining, and the traffic has died down!" Juliette jumped up and ran over to him, peering outside the window next to him.

"We can go home now." She stated confused as to why she didn't feel as happy as she thought she would be. It wasn't until long after that she realised it was because she actually enjoyed spending time with him.

They gathered all their belongings before walking out of the shop, not questioning the fact that the owner of the store hadn't showed up once.

Harry noticed Juliette shivering, and offered her a ride home. Just because it was the gentlemanly thing to do. Juliette declined.

"Thank you, really, but it's not that far, and I don't want to be a bother."

Despite Harry's claims that she would be anything but a nuisance, Juliette was stubborn, and remained firm. As a compromise, Harry offered her his jacket to stop her shivering. Seeing as this time he wouldn't budge, she agreed, secretly wanting to be able to smell his delicious cologne.

They parted ways, each heading home and being greeted by different things. For Juliette it meant a bombardment of questions from Lily and excited yells when those questions were answered. For Harry, it was again confusion from his bandmates. He hadn't said anything, wanting to keep it a secret. They had been worried of course, but decided not to pester him, all too aware of the impending anniversary.

Just before falling asleep, Juliette found herself touching Harry's bracelet, relishing in the fact that he'd made it just for her.

_______________________________________
A/N I HOPE THIS WAS GOOD, I LOVE JULIETTE AND HARRYS CHARACTERS SO MUCH.

COMMENT.

VOTE.

K.