Stronger

Kirstie was mortified. She'd never told any of her friends, not even Scott and Mitch, about what had happened to her. In fact, she'd never told anyone, other than the police officers involved in the case, about it. Now Avi knew her deepest and darkest secret and she didn't know how to feel about that. She didn't think, not even for a second, that he'd ever use it against her but it was still terrifying to tell someone something so personal.

Although Kirstie felt sick after reliving the worst moment of her life, she was still able to revel in the feeling of being nuzzled into the crook of his neck. Each time he'd kiss her head, the pain would lessen, as if he were forcing out the pain with love. She felt like she was finally where she was supposed to be. She'd never felt like this with any past boyfriends.

Suddenly overwhelmed with emotion, she pushed back and stared up into Avi's eyes and leaned in. He seemed surprised but quickly fell into the kiss. Kirstie felt like she was drowning; she'd never experienced a kiss that felt quite like this. The feeling of his beard softly scratching her made her giggle and break the kiss. Avi looked confused and she just smiled and leaned back in for another kiss.

After what felt like it could have been years, the pair pulled apart to catch their breath. Avi was looking at her with a mixture of excitement and nervousness. He looked as if he expected her to slap him. Instead, she smiled and hugged him around the neck. His arms immediately enfolded her, holding her in place. She could feel his heart beating wildly through the thin material of his t-shirt, making her giddy. Did she really have that big of an effect on him?

Avi spoke and she smiled at the way his deep voice reverberated so strongly in his chest. "That was... amazing. What brought that on?"

She smiled again, feeling as if she'd never stopped, and pulled back to look into his hazel eyes. "I... it felt right. You make me feel good." Her smile faded just a bit and she looked at him seriously. "I've never told anyone about what happened."

Avi felt incredible in that moment. She'd trusted him enough to tell him something huge, something no one else knew about, and to top it off, he made her feel good! Unable to stop himself, he leaned in and pecked her on the lips. "I'm glad I'm the one you came to. I kind of feel like I need to send Eric a thank you note since you're here because of him."

Kirstie rolled her eyes at him good-naturedly. "Send him a fruit basket. He's allergic to strawberries, so be sure it has some."

Avi laughed softly at her snark and pulled her back into his chest. "So... If I were to ask you out, hypothetically, of course, what would you say?"

She smirked. "It depends. Are you seriously asking me out or are you just hypothetically," she made air quotes, "asking me out?"

His face flushed and he cursed his pale skin. "Well, ah... seriously. I really want to date you, Kirstie, if you'll let me. I want to see where this will go."

Kirstie knew the ball was in her court now. She hoped her voice wouldn't shake. "Then in that case, I'd be more than happy to go with you." She leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his lips and stepped away from his embrace. "We really should eat." She held her burned hand up and mock glared. "I don't want to have been burned for nothing."

Avi took hold of her hand and very gently kissed it. "We wouldn't want that, would we?" Just as quickly as he'd taken hold of her hand, he dropped it and made his way back to his seat. Kirstie just stood there with her mouth gaping, wondering how he'd managed to make his voice sound so sensual.

Kirstie shook her head and followed Avi to the table. Dinner was quiet, although it wasn't awkward. Kirstie caught Avi looking at her a few times and each time she'd smirk back at him, making him quickly look down at his food. He may be able to stun her with his words but she could still stare him down like nobody else.