Resolution

Kirstie smiled at the soft snores coming from Avi and lightly kissed his bare chest. They'd been together for three months now, yet everyday was as good as the first. Avi, unsurprisingly, was an amazing boyfriend. He was attentive, yet he didn't smother her. Both of them liked their alone time, which was nice.

Kevin had decided to move out. She'd felt like it had been her fault and had pleaded with him to stay but he'd told her, after promising her to secrecy, that he had already been planning to move to his own apartment. He actually thanked her for moving in since he wouldn't be leaving Avi alone to deal with the rent. She questioned why he'd wanted to move out and he'd given her some watery excuses until she finally stopped asking. She was almost sure that he was dating someone and wanted privacy but she didn't want to intrude so she just left it unsaid. He would tell them when he was ready.

She'd also learned that when Avi was hit with song-writing inspiration, it was almost always during the middle of the night. She'd woken up in an empty bed plenty of times, only to find him hunched at the kitchen table with balls of paper all around him. They'd taken to writing together during some of those times after realizing that it was easy to bounce thoughts off of each other. Other times, she found herself writing all throughout the day on the tiny notebook she kept with her all the time.

She'd found a huge well of inspiration in the time that she'd been with Avi and had very nearly filled the notebook with random thoughts. Sometimes she'd write entire choruses, other times only a line or even just a single word. She'd have to get a new notebook soon enough.

They still hadn't officially told the fans that they were together. There hadn't been an announcement but she was sure some of them were beginning to suspect something since she never mentioned her old boyfriend and mentioned Avi a lot more than usual.

Kirstie lightly trailed her fingers over the dark hairs on his chest and giggled quietly at the trail of goosebumps she'd left on his skin. The first time they'd slept together had been amazing. He'd treated her like she was the most precious gem in the world. That had been two weeks ago and every time since then had been even better than the last.

Avi lightly caressed her bare back, making chills run up her spine. She looked up at his face and saw his hazel eyes cracked open, staring at her. She stared back for a moment before leaning up to kiss him. "Good morning."

He smiled at her softly. "It's always a good morning waking up with you." She loved the way his voice sounded in the morning, but she loved it even more when he spoke like that. He always seemed very agreeable just after waking up.

She laid her head on his chest and giggled. "I bet you used to tell all the girls that." She knew he'd had a few girlfriends in the past but couldn't comprehend why they'd left. Unless it had been the same reason that she and Eric drifted apart: tour kept them away from each other too often and for too long.

Avi hugged her tightly to his side and looked at her with a look she couldn't decipher. "I've never actually told anyone that. You're the first. Hopefully the last." He'd just insinuated that he wouldn't mind staying with her forever and she'd never been happier. He didn't even look afraid after admitting something so huge, making her feel brave.

She smiled sweetly at him. "I've never been as happy as I have been in the past three months." She paused for a second and giggled before resting her head on his chest. Her words came out muffled, yet she was sure he heard her loud and clear. "When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be."

She looked up at him after singing that line. "You know, every time I sing that, I sing it to you? Even when I was with Eric, I didn't feel like it fit us. There were other places I'd rather be than with him. That's not true when it comes to you." Her voice had fallen to a whisper by the time she stopped speaking.