Chapter 43: NΔmes in the SΔnd, PΔrt 2

It's still Monday, September 3rd. Still in Saffron City, Kanto. We skip ahead a little to 2:48pm. Division A happens upon a chain of stores, one of them being an outdoor/camping shop.

Alain: "Ash, go get us a tent from the outdoor place."

Ash: "Why me?"

Alain: "Because we're in your region and Girl and I are guests. So, you do more work. Also, I'm sick of tent shopping. The rest of you go get food for the hotel."

Misty: "I'll go with Ash as well! I need to ask him something anyway."

Ash: "Oh, sure! Let's go, Misty." *they head towards the store*

Dawn looks a bit worried as Ash and Misty head off together.

Alain: "Gary and Tracey, you go to the grocery store. Girl will catch up. Girl, a word."

Gary and Tracey leave as well, as Alain and Dawn talk on the side of the store.

Alain: "What's with you being so uneasy around Iizuka?"

Dawn: "Umm... Wh-- What do you mean?"

Alain: *sighs* "You're tiring me out, Girl. I won't pry too much, but she said you two were friends from Sinnoh Academy. Is there more to her that I should know?"

Dawn: "No, no, she's everything Ash says she is. She won't do anything bad with the Mokusetsu."

Alain: "Then I get it, now. Okay, never mind. Go shop with Gary and Tracey."

Dawn: "Umm, I don't know them that well. Can't I shop with you?"

Alain: "No. It's not that I don't like you, but it's that I don't like you."

Dawn: "Aww."

2 minutes later still in downtown Saffron.

Tyson: "The little girl can go in that store over there and get these three kid-sized sleeping bags."

Butch: "Why are you sending her alone?"

Courtney: "Yeah, why can't I accompany her? Boo!"

Tyson: "She needs to prove herself useful if she's gonna choose to not talk to us. The bags are small enough for her to get and it's not a difficult task."

Butch: "I guess, but it's not like she never talks, just not in casual conversation. If we directly question her about something, she speaks, just softly. I heard her before."

Courtney: "Yeah, Molly-wolly will surely love us more and more and will be talking allllll the time! Yay!"

Tyson: "Goodness." *to Molly* "Go get those and meet us here, then we'll head to our next destination."

Melody: "You sure I can't go with her?"

Tyson: "Yes. She can handle herself." *hands Molly a shopping list with the sleeping bags circled*

Molly nods and walks into the store.

Courtney: "Sleeping bags are for sleeping and sleeping is a good time for snuggling! Yay, snuggling forever!" *starts dancing around on her own*

Melody: *to Butch* *quietly* "Umm, is she dangerous?"

Butch: "I'm gonna be honest with you: I have no idea. I try to stay on her good side."

Misty: *meanwhile* "So, Ash, it's so good to see you again. You too, Pikachu."

Pikachu: *happily* "Pika!"

Ash: "Same here! I've been waiting for when this journey took me back to Kanto. And now we're traveling together like old times."

Misty: "That's right! I've missed you."