Prolouge

Louis Tomlinson was a surfer. It was in his blood. His mom surfed. His dad surfed. His sisters surfed. He was bound to compete and take it as far as a career.

His mom, Jay or Johanna, and his dad, Mark, fell in love on the water. The both of them were pro surfers and have won many championships at nationals when they were young. They married and had fraternal twins. A beautiful boy and a gorgeous girl. Also known as Louis and Gracie Tomlinson. They took after their parents, Louis more so than his sister, and loved to surf. Louis looked more like his mother in brown hair color and facial features while Gracie took after Mark and had dirty blonde hair.  The surfing family lived on the beach in Hawaii on the island of Kauai, within the small town of Hanalei.

Both Louis and Gracie started to ride waves at the age of four, with the help of both parents. Louis spent almost everyday on the water. As for Gracie, she didn't take it as serious as Louis. She enjoyed it and did it with friends whenever but she never spent all day soaking up the salt water and catching the waves on their private beach. 

As the twins neared the age of ten, Mark and Jay had a falling out and divorced within a few months of the twins birthday in December. Louis took it a lot harder than both Gracie and his mother combined due to the fact that he learned about everything he knew from his father when it came to surfing.

When the twins turned twelve, Jay remarried to a guy named Dan Deakin. He was also married before hand and received custody over his two children, Charlotte, also known as Lottie, and Felicite, also known as Fizzy. They moved in right after they married and Louis stayed to himself more and concentrated on surfing. He would have his mom drive him near Wainiha Bay where his father lived so he could spend some time with his father.

Louis only had one friend. His best friend, Liam Payne. He knew Liam even before they could talk. Karen, Liam's mom, used to compete and surf with Jay when they were younger so they knew each other really well. Liam loved to surf and always took it seriously like Louis did, although Louis did compete with more desire.

Louis considered surfing his life. If he didn't get on the water at least once a day, he felt as if his day was not complete and he felt bad. Some days he just couldn't get on the water, due to being sick or somewhere on vacation. He loved it so much and he felt as if surfing was missing in his life, he wouldn't find the will to live.

Louis never thought that one day his world would be turned upside down. For the worse? He will have to decide that on his own terms.

~~~~

A/N: Hello everyone! This is the start of my new story: The Surf. I recently watched the movie Soul Surfer, about Bethany Hamilton's life after she was bitten by a Tiger Shark resulting in one of her arms missing and got the inspiration to write it as a Larry story with a couple of twists to the original story to help create that Larry love story that everyone desires. So I hope you'll enjoy this story as well!