Solitude

there was four months till summer break- after that day with Lucas I started taking my classes at home and came in for assessments but the last two months I have to be in school everyday otherwise I wouldn't be eligible for my exams.

It was Wednesday and I had to fly to to Atlanta for an appearance at a night club. I had to be back for Friday otherwise I'd miss an important assessment that accounts for 30% of my end grade.

I decided to cancel on the flight because studying was more important, I wasn't sure why I needed to make an appearance as my mothers work didn't require me doing meet and greets or fan-signings or appearances, but recently that's all the requests I've been getting, I was doing anything that involved social media so why would I need to do an appearance?

it was about 10 past 10 and it was pissing down with rain, when k heard the doorbell ring.
I was home alone since my mother was on her business trip with her boyfriend.

"Not today, honey" I mumbled to myself as I went to the kitchen to make something to eat

I didn't usually open the door when it rang, at night I just refused to be anywhere near it ...

it rang again..

"this ain't the purge nor paranormal activity up in here" I whispered to myself as I reached for a knife.

"Aaliyah its me, open up" I heard

"hmm who does that sound like?" I questioned myself

"Aaliyah its Lucas, I'm getting drenched, please open the door"

"oh shit" I ran to the door, opening it up he there, no word of a lie .. French from head to toe, shivering.

"why the hell are you here" I asked angry at him and I pulled his wet body inside.

"I walked all the way here"

"why would you walk here, I live like 5blocks away from you"

"it was urgent, and my mum confiscated my car keys"

"why would she do that?"

"she said I've been in the dumps lately, and haven't had the motivation to get back into my music for the last month"

"right? so you being here ha-"

"she told me I need to work things out with you, before I become depressed" he cut

I know you're probably thinking why did I let him in, in the first place, well although I was done with him emotionally, I wasn't mean.

"Lucas we have already been through this, you can't tell me nothing that I haven't heard before, I've heard it all, I've been hurt enough times to understand your behaviour, there's nothing you can say, only actions show me, but even that is a waste of your time.. so just leave it, lets go dry you up"

"what it's like that? its that easy for you forget bout us, forget what we had? for you to act like we are friends again so easily"

"I never said we are friends Lucas, but for now.. you need me to be your friend unless you wanna catch a cold by all means walk home in the rain"

"Aaliyah, am I really nothing to you"

"I'm a cold hearted bitch that doesn't have time to invest in people." I stated sternly

"Aaliyah-"

"does that answer your question?"

"ye-"

"stay here in going to get the hair dryer, some towels and some clean clothes"

I still had some of his clothes I bought him as a congratulatory present in one of my drawers so I guess they did come in handy.