Chapter 5.

Athena
C h a p t e r    F i v e

“I don’t have anything to change into. So how about I go home and get some of my things and come right back to you?” I asked with a sweet smile even though I already knew what the answer to that question would be.

“Ha. No.”

“Well, how about I go to my best friend’s house and get some clothes from her?” I asked again.

“Funny. But no.”

“Well, what am I supposed to sleep in then?” I asked with annoyed tone.

With a sigh, he went upstairs before coming back down a few seconds later with a large t-shirt in his hand. Undoubtedly it was his t-shirt.

“Here,” he said, throwing it onto my lap, “Sleep in this tonight.”

“Fine,” I grumbled like a grumpy little kid.

“No thank you kiss?” he asked with that annoyingly sexy smirk of his.

“No.”

After a while of complete silence and me studying his house and him studying me, I finally decided to ask him, “So, until when are you planning on kidnapping me?”

He sighed with frustration before finally answering, “You’re my mate, and you have to live with me.”

“And if I don’t want to?”

“Well, tough,” he simply said with a shrug which made me want to sock him in the face.

After another while of complete silence, I noticed him staring at me with so much emotions that it nearly pained me to reject him.

“What?” I snapped.

“Do not talk to me like that Athena. You belong to my pack, and you will not disrespect me. I dare you to talk to me like that in front of my pack and watch the consequences,” he growled with darkened eyes.

“Why do you sound like a broken record?” I chuckled, deciding to completely ignore him.

“Then you shouldn’t make me repeat things,” he harshly said. “It’s better for us if you get it into your head that you now belong to this pack and you are my mate. You will respect me and we will be equal in all matters.”

I decided to simply ignore him once again, which seemed to anger him slightly as his eyes grew a shade darker, but he didn’t say anything. “So, where am I sleeping?”

“In my bedroom, come on, I’ll show you,” he said standing up from his seat.

“Um, I-I know we’re mates b-but I don’t feel c-comfortable sharing a b-bedroom with you now. I-I’m not ready,” I told, pretending to sound all vulnerable to make him feel a little guilty. My voice even cracked a little at the end to make it more believable.

His gaze softened and unable to say no, he nodded with a small smile. “Sure, if it’s what makes you happy.”

This boy was just too easy to control.

After having a shower and washing my underwear before leaving it to dry so that I could wear it in the morning, I slept in the most comfortable bed I have slept in in a long while.

 I decided to wake up early in the morning to make some breakfast in order to soften him up a little. I didn’t know if this was going to work, but I stayed up all night contemplating my options of effectively escaping him. And the one that, in theory, would most likely work is the one where I act like the perfect mate and run away when he trusts me enough to let me go out by myself.