Chapter 8

Readers asking for updates,

Le author:

........................................................................................................................

VEER'S POV

We entered her room and it was subtle and beautiful. Mostly off-white or cream with a splash of colour here and there.

"You have a beautiful room" I told her. "Thank you" She said softly.

"Um, please have a seat... you c-can sit on that chair or umm the bed whatever is comfortable" She says a bit flustered. "It's okay" I told her as I went to take the chair. "I'll sit here, you can sit here on the bed so we can discuss some... things" I told her and she nodded and sat in front of me on the edge of her bed. "I'm sorry I don't have a proper place to sit in the room" She mumbled. "Apeksha it's okay, your room is beautiful and perfect" I assured her.

"I wanted to ask you something important. Please don't take this in the wrong way. I know Arvind uncle is very progressive and a good man, but I wanted to ask you this myself. Are you really okay with our marriage? I mean you are not pressured into it, are you?" I asked and she looked at me and smiled. "Apeksha I am being serious, you can tell me anything. I can make it happen, I assure you nothing will happen to you if you say no. Please be honest with me, I'll talk to your parents or if you don't want that then I will tell my parents to call off the wedding because you don't want it" I ranted.

"Mr. Raghuvanshi calm down, I am not being forced into doing anything I didn't want to. I want to marry you out of my own will" She said as she smiled softly. Uff this woman will be the end of me!!

"Why did you want to marry me? I-If I may ask" I was a bit hesitant about the question I just asked.

"I have heard a lot about you Mr. Raghuvanshi, you are a good man. My father speaks very highly of you and your family whenever he talks about his work. I have always heard how you treat people respectfully and with politeness. You care for your people, you really are a people's king. Adding to all of this you helped me save the dog and when that bodyguard of yours mistreated the little girl that day at the temple, you stepped in and stood up for her. She was nobody to you but you intervened" She said.

"My parents have always known what's the best for me and they are always right. When they told me that Your family wanted us to get married, I was pretty shocked. It was very unexpected. But my parents were happy and they think you are the best for me and I trust them. Also, I am glad and honoured to marry a man who is respected and appreciated by the whole state" She says and I am left speechless. People appreciate me a lot of times but they do it because they want something from me, I've never received such compliments about myself and I am flustered.

"Uh, Thank you and also please don't call me Mr. Raghuvanshi. That sounds like we are in a business meeting... You can call me anything else. By my name maybe" I suggested. Apeksha was silent for a few seconds and then she blushed a little before she began speaking.