Chapter 1: On The Run

Richard

"Hurry, Mary. I need to delete the remaining files at the old abandoned Oscorp warehouse." I told her as we ran from the burning house.

"What about Peter? Our plan was to leave him with Ben and May but now they're-"

"I know, Mary, I know. I'll think of something." I interrupted her. "I promise, he'll be safe." I comforted her. We are almost to the warehouse. I can see it in the distance.

"Honey. I can't carry him anymore." She said breathlessly. "Here. Hand him to me." I had him in my arms as he held on to my neck. We resumed running.

"What about Aunt May and Uncle Ben? Will we ever see them again?" Peter asked. A tear slowly slid down my face. "No, Peter. I'm afraid not." I simply replied. He shook his head and I knew he understood what I had said. Then I felt some moisture on my neck.

We reached the warehouse and I kicked the door and ran inside. I put Peter down and saw that his face was streaked with tears. "Mary." She understood. As I erased my work and burned my paperwork, I heard Mary comfort Peter.

"I- I'm scared." He stammered. His head was hanging low. Mary kneeled down. "I know, honey. Mommy's scared too. I promise that everything will be alright. I love you lots." Peter was silent. I grabbed the container with the last spider that represents my work. I smashed it on the ground and turned towards Mary. "Come on, Peter. You know this. I love you lots." Then Peter lifted his head. "Like tater tots." He replied with a smile.

Mary hugged Peter and stood back up. "You got rid of everything?" She asked. "Yep. "

"And the spider?"

"If it's not dead, it's long gone now." I replied. "And Peter?" She whispered. I looked around and saw a closet. "Closet." "Are you sure-" "Mary, it's either hide him or let them take him. There's no one left to watch him."

Mary hugged him one last time and Peter walked towards me. We don't have much time. I grabbed Peter's hand and lead him towards the closet. I opened the door and said, "I want you to stay in here. Don't let anyone in here. Okay. Just keep quiet and hide in here. Do you understand?"
"Yes. Dad?"

"Yes Peter."

"Will I ever see you again?" How am I suppose to tell him? Poor Peter. I have to tell him. He's my son. "No. But that's for the best. If you're with us, you could get seriously hurt. Your mother and I are just trying to protect you. That's all. But I will always remember you. You are my son and I will always love you."

"I don't care! I just want to be with you and Mom." He replied as the tears slowly started to slide down his face.

"I know, Peter. But your mother and I can't live with ourselves if you got hurt because of us. We are trying to protect you. We want you to live a long life without danger and secrecy. With great power comes great responsibility. You are our power and you are our responsibility. Do you understand?"

"Yes Dad. I love you Dad." The tears started to flow more. My eyes teared up.

"I love you too son." Then we embraced each other in a hug for the last time.

"Richard!" I ran out of the room and saw that they had come. I closed the door and ran to protect Mary.

Peter

The closet is pretty small. I hid behind some boxes and under some old lab coats. I'm terrified. I just want to be with Mom and Dad right now. I want to call Aunt May and Uncle Ben to make sure they're okay. But I know they're not.

I hope no one will find me. I'm going to miss Mom and Dad. Why is this even happening? Why are we running for our lives? Why do people want to hurt us? We didn't do anything wrong.

Then, I heard a loud bang. A few more. Gunshots? Why are there people shoot- oh no. Mom. Dad. I hope they're okay.

"Ow!" I instantly covered my mouth. I don't think anyone heard me over the gunshots. The pain came from my right arm. I checked it and saw a small mark. A bite? I carefully looked around the floor and saw a spider. It was blue with a green marking on it. But it won't move. I poked it and nothing. It's dead. It must have died when it bit me. Like how a bee dies when it stings somebody. I just hope it's not poisoness.

I heard a few more gunshots and then screeching tires. A few more gunshots and then a different sound. It was like someone was hitting someone. Not a punch or anything like that. More like with a metal object. A few grunts then silence.

Oh no. I hope Mom and Dad are okay. After a few minutes, the door opened. I stiffened as much as l could. My heartbeat was racing. Then and unfamiliar voice said my name.

"Peter."

Author's Note.

I know it's short and sweet. The next one will be longer. This is the first time I have written a fan fiction like this. I hope you guys like it.

Besides Stony, please tell me whatever other ships you would like to see. The one with the most comments will appear in this story. Please recommend to other people.

Thank you for reading. :)