Chapter Three: The Ouran Ball and everything in between

I found a dress for the ball thing tonight, took only half the day. It was a black dress with a rose at the waist, it was the only thing without paint that wasn't the school uniform, my red negligee, or my business like suit if I ever actually need to be professional. This dress went to my mid thigh and hugged my slim body, extenuating my curves. I may have been sixteen but I matured into a good looking girl. I hide this fact with baggy clothes though, this was definitely a change from jeans and tank tops. I tied the black silk ribbon around my waist and secured the rose. Pulling on my stiletto heels my phone began to ring. "Hello?" I asked and added a bit of red lipstick to accentuate the rose. "Hina, we're here to pick you up." Hikaru said and I smiled, "be right down." I closed my phone and left it on my bed as I walked down. I got outside after kissing mom and dad goodnight and got to the car. The twins were inside with Haruhi and the rest of the club. "Whoa." Tamaki said, "you look so cute Hina-chan!" Honey said and I smiled, "thanks... Haruhi, your bow tie isn't straight." I said and tugged it a bit till it was straight. "Where did you get that dress? You rarely wear them." Haruhi said and I shrugged, "it's a bit revealing." Kyoya said and I shrugged again, "well, it was the only dress I got spare the yellow uniform of sunshine hell." I said and leaned back, crossing my legs, "and aren't you tall enough without those shoes?" Hikaru asked, "I always wear heels. Be it hidden or stiletto." I said and saw that Tamaki hasn't complained, he was trying not to look at me. "It was this or my pyjamas." I said plainly.

Soon we got to the school and stood in places. I stood next to Haruhi, our arms slung around each other. Girls came in and the one who dances the best will get a kiss on the cheek from Tamaki. "Thank God I have two left feet." I mumbled so only Haruhi could hear. She bit back her laugher as they started the party. "Hey, wanna dance?" I heard someone say from behind me. I was at the food table drinking a small glass of punch. I set it down and turned to see Haruhi there. I smiled and took her hand. "So, is it always like this around those boys?" I asked and spun her around. She smiled and did the same to me. "Yeah, I suppose so, you'll get used to it, their planning on making you a host so they can also have male customers." Haruhi said and I nearly laughed, "right, anything to help my favorite person." I said as the song stopped. I kissed Haruhi's cheek as we went our own ways. "Would you like to dance princess?" Tamaki asked and I bit back a smile. "Sure."

Tamaki took my hands and smiled, "you've gotten better at dancing." He said as I didn't look down at my feet. "Thanks, learned it from the best." I said with a wink. He chuckled a bit, blush ever present on his cheeks. "So, listen, we were wondering if you'd like to become a hostess, you don't have to if you don't want to but it could bring potential customers." Tamaki said, I smiled slightly, "alright." I looked around, all the girls had beautiful dresses, very poofy... "should I have wore a different dress? Only it seems that I'm the duck of the crowd." I said and Tamaki shook his head, "I like your dress." He seemed very chill in the presence of everyone. I noticed something though, "sorry... but did Haruhi just get kidnapped by Mori?" I asked and he looked also. "Let's check this out. Hate to jump anyone." I muttered and began to walk to where they took her. "Gentlemen, our guests are waiting!" Tamaki flared passionately as we walked inside. Haruhi stood up, she looked so cute!

A memory flashed through my brain, it was of the three of us, Haruhi, myself, and Sakura. We were dressed up to celebrate and have a party for Sakura's sixth birthday. I was eight and Haruhi was seven, we were told not to go outside because of Sakura's poor health. We went outside anyway and she began to gush blood, over her new white dress, over the grass, and over me. We rushed her back in and got her to the hospital in time...

"Hina?" Haruhi asked, "you look amazing." I said and hugged her. "Break a leg... but don't, it's just a figure of speech, please don't break anything." I said and smiled. They sent her off on a mission and I went back to the ball. I was sat on the balcony and looked at the cherry petals. Soon everyone came out here and watched the young love. They danced and he confessed his love for her. "And standing in for the king is Haruhi Fujioka!" The twins said, Kyoya said he'd cut the dept by one third so Haruhi went down the steps, carefully, looking like the happy girl on knew her to be. "You don't think this is Haru-chan's first kiss do you?" Honey asked, Tamaki began to freak out! He went running down and pushed Haruhi and she planted one right on Konako's lips. "No, if I'm correct that was the second." I said and they looked at me, "who was the first?" Honey asked, "well, me of course!"

After the ball they drove me home. "Thanks for a great night guys!" I said as I walked to my house, "see you all Monday!" I called as they drove off. I walked up the stairs and to my room. I cleaned off the lipstick and got dressed in my pyjamas. I continued to think of that day. Adrenaline rushed through me as I picked up Sakura, Haruhi and I ran back to the house. I thought this time, this time for sure we'd loose her, the tears flowed freely down my cheeks and Haruhi comforted me as we waited at the house, they didn't take us to the hospital. "Don't worry Hina, everything will be alright." Haruhi said and rubbed my back. I changed out of my bloody dress into a shirt and shorts at the time, Haruhi borrowed some of my clothes and both of ours were in the wash. "But Haruhi, what if she doesn't make it? I won't have a sister anymore." I said, still weeping as we hugged, "you'll still have your parents, your friends, and me. I promise Hina you won't loose me." I sniffed and hugged her tightly. "Promise?" I said and she nodded, "I promise with all my heart, you'll never loose me. Never ever."