Stingy

Jai proved to be a perfect gentleman that night. We went to a nice restaurant in Detroit that I'd only been to once with my parents. It was the kind of restaurant where you get suspiciously stared at if you don't wear something nice. So I pulled out my little black dress and 3 inch heels and managed to find a nice set of earrings somewhere in my jewelery box.

The dress was a soft material, with wide sleeves that hung off my shoulders. It was form fitting, stopping snugly at my knees. I hoped Jai wouldn't notice that I forgot to shave my legs in the shower.

When I finally ventured out into my living room, I found him peeking into my 100 gallon fish tank in the corner. He heard me, and turned around with a smile that slowly faded into a look of awe. My cheeks burned and I knew they were as red as could be.

"Okay I'm ready." I said.

"I can see that." He replied with a grin. "Are these your test subjects for school?" He asked, pointing to the colorful fish in the tank.

"No, I just like fish. Hence, why I'm studying marine biology."

He was dressed in a casual suit, with the jacket undone and his navy blue dress shirt open a little at the top.

"You ready?" I asked.

He nodded and escorted me out to his rental car. I paused when I noticed it wasn't the Jeep he had before, but a slick black Pontiac G8. My dream car.

"Holy shit, this is my favorite car!" I exclaimed, prancing over to it and peeking through the tinted window to see inside.

"Really? They're pretty popular back in Australia, except they're made by Hol-"

"Holden, yes I know. They call it a Commodore." I cut him off, still gazing at the leather interior through the glass.

"Well look at you, I didn't peg you for a car girl."

"I was raised by my Dad, of course I love cars." I told him as he stopped beside me.

"I like the American version better, the engine is a lot more throaty." He said.

I looked at him with a knowledgeable grin.

"That's because this is a GXP and not a GT, so it's got over 400 horsepower. Which only means one thing, it's a manual!" I said excitedly.

His shocked expression almost made me laugh. And then I did the unthinkable.

"Can I drive? Please?" I begged.

He sighed at first, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'll let you drive, but keep in mind that its a rental."

Dropping the keys into my outstretched hand, he opened the driver's side door for me.

"Yesssss." I hissed.

"And one more thing." He said.

"What?"

"I want a kiss."

I smiled up at him, but wasted no time grabbing his face and pressing my lips to his gratefully.

Needless to say, Jai's knuckles were white when we arrived at the restaurant from gripping the door handle the entire time. I was a great driver, but my disregard for the speed limit probably had him on edge. He let out an exasperated sigh as I turned off the engine, and I only smirked at him.

"Scared?"

He just shook his head proudly, trying not to show his nervousness.

Inside the restaurant, we were seated in the back at a cute little table under a dim light. The maroon carpet and chocolate colored walls gave the room an intimate glow, which was complimented when the waitress lit the tall candle that served as our centerpiece.