Homebound

Australia was already beautiful and we werent even off the plane yet. As we descended towards the tarmack, I could already see the shimmering harbor of Sydney. I looked at Jai nervously and he only smiled. I knew he was excted to be home, but I was absolutely terrified to be meeting his parents. Even after two pleasant skype calls with Karen I was still unsure of myself. I didnt know what was more nerve wracking, meeting your girlfriend's father or meeting your boyfriend's mother. Both seemed equally intimidating to me.

The warmth of Jai's hand squeezing mine reassured me enough to fake a smile. I looked up at his confident gaze and did my best to hide my distress. He was glad to be home, and I didnt want to make him nervous by showing just how anxious I was.

"You don't need to nervous. my parents are gonna love you. My mom even made cheesecake this morning just for the occasion." he said, his buttery voice soothing me.

"You told your mom I love cheesecake?" I asked, feeling embarrassed.

He nodded, giving me that adorable smirk that i loved so much.

It had been a whole 28 days since Jai met my dad, and I was glad to know that they got along so well. Three times since then, he's gone over there to work on bikes while I crunched for my finals. It felt like their first meeting was months ago. With his filming getting wrapped up earlier than expected he insisted we go straight to Sydney the day he checked out of his hotel, which happened to be 4 in the morning.

With a final lurch and bump, the plane's wheels grounded and we rolled past hangars and other commercial jets until stopping. With a sharp exhale, i was relieved to be done with this ride. Even if it meant facing Jai's parents.

"Ready?" he asked, holding my hand.

I nodded, following as he stood up and grabbed our bags from overhead. I was thankful that Jai gave me the window seat. I'd never been on a plane before and it was really cool getting to see everything I could as we flew, even if most of it was clouds. I tried to get him to get first class tickets, but he was adamant that we act like normal humans.

"Plus, I might be tempted to have one too many of the complimentary drinks, and I dont want to be drunk when we get home," were his words.

With one last look out the window, I grabbed jai's hand and followed him down the aisle, ready to greet Australia's shining sunlight.

Inside the terminal Jai was greeted by a small crowd of fans who somehow got wind of his homecoming, to which he extracted a black sharpie to sign things for them and took a few selfies. I was patient, I loved watching him interect with his fans. After the many afternoons spent visiting him at the studio, I came to knowledge that he had a sea of fans from every corner of the earth. With one last autograph, Jai waved them off and we continued towards the baggage claim.

The air was warm as we stepped outside, and I remembered that jai said it was springtime here.

"Its about a 20 minute ride from here, so you might want to tie your hair up." Jai instructed as we began our journey past the rows of rental cars.

"You rented a convertible?" I asked with a grin.

"Of course I did. You have to get the full effects of Sydney, and you can't do that through a window."

I just laughed, pulling my suitcase along behind me.

***************************************************

"Ma, I'm home!" Jai called as we stepped inside the large blue house.

From outside it looked average, but from my view in the foyer, it was huge inside.