Chapter 3

"Ichigo!" Rukia yelled. She had a terrible head ache. She wasn't sure where she was at. She looked around letting everything soak in.

"So, I see your finally awake."

"Ura- Urahara?" Then she rememberd. Rukia gasped. "Ichigo! Where is he?! Is he here?!"

"Rukia, Rukia calm down." Urahara said in a soothing voice. Rukia got angry.

"What?!? Where is Ichigo?!" Urahara took his fan away from his face. He had a worried look in his eyes. He sighed.

"We haven't been able to find him. But-"

"What do you mean by that?!? Where is he?! He is alive... right?" her voice lowered and quavered at that last part. That's when Orihime, Uryu, and Chad walked in. Orihime's face looked like she's been crying. All three of them had the same worried look in there eyes.

"Rukia, I can assure you that Ichigo is alive." said Urahara with a hand on her shoulder.

"How do you know?" she asked between sobs.

"Before the five of you left, Tessai and I had placed a small device on you guys to keep track of your spiritual pressure and to make sure we'd be able to get you if it dropped to low. Ichigo has just enough spiritual pressure. He is alive. It's... just that... we are having trouble finding him. It's been three days since we found you passed out on the grass... Orihime healed your wounds." answered Urahara. Relief washed over Rukia after hearing those three words: He is alive. "Now gets some more rest, Rukia." They all exited the room, leaving Rukia alone with her thoughts. Rukia thought back to the time right before she passed out. Ichigo had confessed his feelings for her.
I- I love you, Rukia. His words played through her mind over and over.
Tears started running from her eyes again as she let sleep take over.

...3 hours later...

"Rukia. Rukia!"

"ICHIGO!" Rukia shot up from her sleeping position. Her heart was racing, a bead of sweat rolled down her face, she was gasping for air.

"Rukia." said Urahara, a glass of water in his hand. "Are you ok? You were shouting in your sleep." He handed her the water.

"Uhh... I'm fine. Thanks."