06

AN: if there are any typos i apologize in advance bc i feel like i revised everything but at the same time i don't but whatever thank you for being patient and i hope u enjoy :D -ellena

-

Luke was stuck in government class, a class that he has officially labeled as his least favorite. One would think that Luke would be ecstatic every time he walked through the door of Mrs. Morris' class because Sam was also in his period, but Luke couldn't be in any worse conditions.

Instead of listening to his teacher's lectures everyday, as a good student should be, he stares sadly to the other side of the room, where Sam and Ashton are either giggling at something on her phone together, or demonstrating eskimo kisses for the whole fucking class to see. It makes Luke want to throw up.

"Luke," Mrs. Morris called his name as she loomed over his desk, snapping her fingers in his face. Luke blinked and shook his head, dragging his eyes away from his love kissing his worst enemy.

"Y-yes?" he stuttered, sinking down in his seat. As smart as Luke is, Mrs. Morris absolutely despises him. No one knows why, but embarrassing Luke is the old woman's favorite thing to do.

"Pay attention," she snapped as she walked back to the white board. "I'm in the middle of a lesson."

Luke's jaw dropped and his hands jerked towards Ashton and Sam at the other side of the room, seeming to be loss for words. "Are you kidding?" he asked. He wasn't doing anything, unlike them.

"Luke, just shut up," Ashton scoffed. Luke watched from the corners of his eyes as he slung his arm around Sam's shoulders, smirking at him.

"But-"

"Listen to your peer, Luke," Mrs. Morris scolded. The rest of the class chuckled in response. "Thank you, Ashton."

She shot Ashton a grateful smile. Ashton only shrugged, that cocky look still plastered on his face. "Anytime." he grinned.

Luke rolled his eyes and sat back in his seat, his arms crossed firmly over his chest. If Luke could, he would say something, but he knew what would happen then. The moment class ends and Luke steps out into the hallway, Ashton would beat him to a pulp. That's why, in these situations, Ashton will always win. That, and because everyone agrees with him because they fucking worship him.

Luke always wonders if Ashton knows that he's in love with his girlfriend. Is that why Ashton seems to always throw himself at Sam whenever Luke's around? Is that why Ashton loves to bully him? Because he knows how much Luke loves Sam? Luke hopes not. If he did know, Luke would be even more of a failure to Ashton. And nothing is worst than being a complete failure in the eyes of the fucking king of the school.

Finally, government class ended and Luke was the first one out the door. He knew that if he wasn't quick enough Ashton would shove him up against a locker and give him a quick beating before heading off campus for lunch. Luke ran straight for the library because that's where he  knew it was safe, and because that's always where he spends his lunch periods.

Luckily the library was just a quick jog across the quad. Luke gripped the straps of his backpack tight in his hands and stumbled through the courtyard, whimpering scared "sorry"s and "excuse me"s whenever he accidentally bumped into anyone. He was petrified of being seen by Ashton, Michael, or Calum...basically that whole group of preppy lacrosse players and cheerleaders. Even Sam.

Luke burst through the doors of the library and fortunately found an empty table for him to sit at. He dropped his bag to the floor and slid into a wooden chair that faced the window on the other side of the room. Sighing, he pulled out his binder and started on some homework. There was nothing better for him to do, anyways.