09

AN: i changed the girl who plays sam so now it's gabriella wilde woohoo its lit

-

Luke walked into school Monday morning, his hands gripping his backpack straps and his wide eyes darting around in fear. He was on the watch for Ashton, who he was sure was going to give him a hard time for being with his girlfriend on Friday night.

As he stumbled down the hall, he looked to his right, and then to his left. Luke saw no sign of Ashton so far as he made his way to his locker, squeezing through the crowds of lower classmen that surrounded the bathrooms. Luke was just relieved that he didn't have to do any of Ashton's math homework over the weekend. Maybe Luke will be able to avoid him. 

He got to his locker in one piece, and he immediately opened it and began piling his textbooks inside. He kept his math book in his arms because he had that class first period. Luke thought he was going to get away with it for now, until he heard a menacing voice approach him from the right. 

"Hey, freak."

Luke froze just as Ashton slammed his locker shut and grabbed him by the back of the neck, shoving him against the wall. Luke shut his eyes and winced as Ashton leaned into his ear, his fingernails digging into Luke's skin.

"H-hi Ashton." he stammered.

"Why are you hanging out with my girlfriend? Huh?" Ashton asked, and when Luke didn't respond, he shoved him against the wall again. "Huh?"

Luke didn't know what to say. He knew this was going to come eventually, he just never got around to planning out what he was going to tell Ashton. "I....I'm not." he said, his voice wobbling in his throat.

Ashton spun him around and pushed Luke back so his back slammed into his locker. Placing both hands on either side of Luke's head, Ashton loomed over him and  glared into his frightened blue eyes. Luke was petrified. 

"I'm serious," Ashton growled, his eyes glowing like fire. "Stop talking to her."

How could Luke stop taking to Sam? He was her tutor, but how could Luke tell that to Ashton?

"I...I can't," he blurted out, but cursed to himself once he realized how bad that sounded. "Wait -"

Ashton threw a fist forward and slammed into Luke's gut, causing Luke to double over and wrap his arms around himself, whimpering in pain. "Stop talking to her." Ashton spat. He grabbed Luke by the collar and held his face up so it was level with his. Luke could sense everybody staring as they passed by, but no one seemed willing to stop what they saw.

"Stop talking to Sam, or you will literally never see the end of me," Ashton snapped. "Got it?"

His hand was like a heavy weight on Luke's throat. He could hardly breathe. "I'm...I'm her tutor." he chocked out.

Ashton froze and stared down at Luke with his eyebrows furrowed. He let go of Luke's collar and he stumbled back, bumping the back of his head on his locker. "I know that," Ashton said. "In what?"

"Chemistry," Luke replied shakily. "I'm sorry, Ashton...she...she asked me -"

"Did you not hear what I said, Hemmings?" Ashton shouted, giving Luke another harsh punch to the gut. "I said to stop talking to her. Got it?"

Luke still can't believe how oblivious Sam is about the way her boyfriend treats him. If Sam knew just how much Ashton hurts Luke every day, both physically and mentally, she'd put an end to it for sure. But Ashton's too much of a dick to tell her what he does, and Luke's too much of a coward to tell her himself.