07

AN: WOOOOW i have not updated this story in so long im very sorry. just to recap from last chapter basically luke was tutoring Sam and he got all jealous bc she was talking about ashton so luke blew up at her and now he thinks she hates him (feel free to re-read the last chapter if you'd like to) okay enjoy the chapter love u -ellena

-

Luke hasn't spoken to Sam since he blew up at her last week.

For the past 5 days he has made it his mission to avoid her at all costs. In the classes he shares with Sam he never even looked in her general direction. Luke ate his lunch by himself in the boys bathroom each day because he knew it would be impossible to run into her there. He rushed down the halls during every passing period with his head down because he just didn't want to be seen by her. He even canceled their meet yesterday because he knew he wouldn't be able to talk to her in person.

He felt like a such an idiot. Once again, Luke let his jealousy of Ashton get the best of him and he ruined everything he could've had with Sam. Because of this, he has already accepted the fact that he will never get the chance to befriend the love of his life ever again.

Luke was overreacting, but he couldn't tell. He truly believed that Sam hated him because of what he said at her house last week. He was a complete dick to her, but he didn't mean a single thing he said.

Surprisingly, Ashton has only tortured Luke 3 times this week. Which was much less than usual, and Luke wondered if Sam had said something. He highly doubted that, though.

"Remember to come to the game tonight!" Luke's government teacher said as the class packed up for lunch. "It's gonna be a big one. Right Ashton?"

Luke glanced to the side as he dumped his books into his backpack. Ashton grinned, tilted his head back, and threw his arm over Sam's shoulders. "Yup. We're playing our biggest rival. Everyone better be there."

Sam smiled and whispered something in his ear, kissing him on the cheek. Scoffing under his breath and wanting to puke, Luke slung his backpack over his shoulders and was the first one out the door once the lunch bell rang.

Luke decided to go home for a little. He lives close enough to walk and he just didn't want to be at school. He started down the hallway as quickly as he could to avoid any interruptions.

He was almost at the end of the hall, ready to exit the school until 6th period. That is, until he felt a soft tap on his shoulder, and a soft voice say his name. "Luke?"

Luke spun around, and to his absolute surprise he saw Sam standing before him, her binder clutched tightly to her chest. She had a gentle, friendly smile on her face as she stared up at Luke, who almost completely loomed over her. "Hi, Luke!" she said.

Luke didn't know what to say. He was confused as to why she was there, out of all placed she could rather be. He assumed Ashton was going to pop out of nowhere and attack him for conversing with his girlfriend, and his heart started to pound.

"Uh... hi." Luke finally said, clearing his throat.

Sam smiled at him warmly. "Where are you going?"

"Just - uh, home." Luke coughed into his arm as Sam nodded her head, her lips pursed together.

"Well, alright," she said. "Hey, I just wanted to ask you something really quick."

Luke gulped. "Yeah?"

"Well, since it is Friday, I was wondering if you wanted to do something," Sam shrugged. "The lacrosse game is tonight. Its gonna be really exciting. Wanna come with me?"