3- Conversations

It's been an hour or two since the party started, and I didn't expect myself to last this long into the night. I probably would've left early if it weren't for Camila. The way she talks about her ambitions really got me intrigued.

Then she suddenly began walking away from me. I didn't know what to do so I just stayed where I stood, taking a sip of my drink.

"Michael, can you follow me?" Camilla yelled through the blasting music.

"I don't know, can I?" I challenged her annoyingly, just to see how she'd react.

"Please... I'm lonely!" she begged playfully, both of her hands in the form of a prayer.

I couldn't refuse since I would also be lonely if she went away. "Alright."

I caught up behind her and followed her to wherever she was going. I couldn't help but to observe her endless locks of brown hair that went all the way down to almost her hip and the way her legs walk with her high heels.

Fortunately, we ended up at the buffet table again. She refilled her cup and drank it all in one tip. I watched her in astonishment.

"Damn girl, you sure do love that punch huh?" I asked. The tone in my voice felt different and my head started to feel a little heavy. I suppose the alcohol already got in too much of my system.

"I'm trying to stop, really!" she laughed. "But this is just... too good."

I nodded my head, jokingly unconvinced. "I couldn't agree more if I do say so myself."

"I know right? It's so fresh and fruity! It's amazing..." she slurred. She was more intoxicated than I thought she was. I wonder how many cups of punch she drank before I talked to her earlier. And to keep in note, it isn't easy to get drunk from fruit punch, so that meant she drank a lot. Or she had something before the party, which was much more likely.

"Yes, it is! Now before you get tipsier, let me take you someplace else. There are too many people here, you don't want to be caught drunk by your Dad."

She sighed and rebutted, "My Dad drinks more than I do."

"Still, people wouldn't want to see such a beautiful lady stumbling all over the place," I replied firmly. She had smiled faintly at me and looked down. I took her by the hand as we trudged towards the back of the room, the same place we were at earlier before we talked to Siedah. I sat her down on one of the chairs and snatched her half-drunken cup out of her hand.

"Hey! That's mine!" she cried, reaching for her cup frantically.

"You're getting too drunk, you should better stop." I sat down next to her and positioned the chair to face towards her. It almost looked like I was giving her an interview.

She heaved a long breath and crossed both of her legs and arms. "Fine."

I sat her drink on the floor next to my chair. Suddenly I had a thought that maybe it would be a marvelous idea to get to know her while she's drunk since then she'll be more honest and upfront.

I stared at her for a while whilst she was picking on her fingernails, chipping the tips off. "Let's talk about you."

"Haha, pardon me?" she snickered, glancing up at me.

"I want to know you!"

"Just to inform you, I am not that drunk. I only had a couple of drinks, and they were all punch," she said in a matter-of-fact tone, even though she sounded like she did drink something stronger. "Fruit punch doesn't make you drunk, the only alcoholic thing in it is vodka."