5 - Closed Curtains

"This is horrendous," Camila thought to herself as she observed her reflection in the mirror, dissatisfied with her outfit choice. It consisted of a sheer tank and high-waisted mom jeans. "It's not everyday you get invited to spend time with Michael Jackson. I need to find something better."

She took out the remaining pile of clothes from her suitcase, disarraying the once-neatly folded clothing. Her outfit choices were limited, as she didn't expect she would have to go anywhere else other than the album release party.

It was 1 PM in sunny Nevada. The weather was hot and everything she packed showed heavy amounts of cleavage. They were either too sheer or too short, and she didn't want to look provocative in front of Michael. She wanted to give a good first- or second, impression on him.

After minutes of desperation and countless outfit matches, she chose to go back with the pair of high waisted jeans but this time with a fitted white blouse that exposed her shoulders and her bony collarbone. She looked conservative, yet still very effortlessly sexy.

She quickly did her hair–which was just a small tease in the roots, and makeup. After she was set, she paced back and forth in her room with a glass of wine in her hands as she waited for the doorbell to ring. She silently prayed that the wine wasn't going to stain her blouse, and luckily for her; it didn't.

* * *

"That was a good move, Joker," Bill said, sitting on the sofa across from Michael. Joker was a nickname Bill had came up for Michael years ago, since he loved to pull pranks on people. "Last time you asked a girl out was Brooke, and that was ages ago!"

Michael responded with only a short laugh. His eyes were glued to the clock that read 2:42. He was waiting patiently and eagerly to meet Camila, and probably this time they'd have a proper goodbye.

"What time should I go?" Bill asked, breaking the short pause.

"No Bill, I'll have Howard get her," Michael replied, referring to his other bodyguard.

Bill stitched his eyebrows for a second. "You sure?"

"Yes," he replied sternly, his eyes still fixated to the clock.

"Damn Mike. Alright," Bill snickered, amazed at Michael's serious manner. This was quite unusual to see him in this state. "Should I tell him?"

Again, Michael didn't answer as his concentration was on the time ticking. He looked tense, which was normal to be seen on Michael, but the reason would usually be because he'd have to do an interview or a public appearance, not because of a hangout- it wasn't even a date. His ardent desire to see Camila was taking over him.

Bill cleared his throat. "Mike?"

"Oh, uh– yes, sorry. Go tell him please."

Bill nodded and got up, walking out the door. Michael slumped on the sofa, wanting to prepare himself mentally for the meeting, but quickly got up realizing that he had the just ruined his perfect hair. He made a dash to the bathroom and re-tied his messy ponytail. It made him angry how it wouldn't look as good as it did before, but he just let it be. He popped in a few mints into his mouth to chew on as he waited for Camila to arrive.

It took a while for Howard to get Camila, considering that her room was only a floor below Michael's. The time a knock sounded from the door, it was 3:20 PM.

For safety and security reasons, Michael never answers the door. He sat quietly on the desk chair in the bedroom while he listens to Bill opening the door and talking to Camila.

"Hi Ms. Jensen, a pleasure to meet you. I'm Bill Bray, Michael's head of security," Bill acquainted, shaking Camila's hand.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Bray. Were you the man who called me?" she asked curiously.