Chapter Nine - Red.

Red. The colour of seduction, heat or love- representing a strong vibrant woman. Also however the colour of blood and danger. But most of all red the colour of determination. And this was when Neji the colour of white belonging to purity, light and innocence would meet the colour of blood, danger and desire. This was when red met white.

Neji gasped as he was suddenly transported, he landed with a thud in what felt like the cool soft feeling of snow. His head was pounding from that transporting magic, it felt like his brain was being crushed.He had defeated Hinata's step-mother, but just before she died she gave Neji the parting gift of transporting him somewhere, who know's where the hell he was now. He sat up looking around, everything was white, sure there was the trees but the snow made everything white.

That was until he caught a flash of red. He began to rise until he felt something sharp on the back of his neck, an arrow? "Move and this arrow goes through you." It was a woman. She had a high pitched voice- not too high but high enough for him to tell her gender.

Neji raised his hands like a surrender "I don't mean harm."

There was a scoff. "What are you doing here?"

"I have no idea." Neji shrugged "where am I?"

"You're in the snow village." The woman sounded confused "you don't know where you are?" He could feel the pressure from the tip of the arrow begin to soften.

"I was teleported."

She snorted in derision and then said "stand up."

Neji rose, his boots digging into the snow, it was chilly here, he wondered where Hanabi was, but when he was taken he did see their Step-Mother die. So maybe she was still back at the kingdom safely.

"Turn."

Neji turned around, and there was a woman pointing an arrow at him with her bow the string pulled back to her cheek. She had steely brown eyes with matching coloured hair tied up into two braided buns. She wore a long red cloak with the hood pulled up, snow falling on her lightly along with Neji, she looked at him with fire and radiance in her eyes.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Neji Hyuga."

She lowered the bow pulling the string back down "Well what is a prince of a destroyed land doing in our village? It's a full moon tonight you know."

"I told you, I was transported, by a witch."

Her eyebrows raised "witches, they're troublesome aren't they?" No one liked witches in this land, they only seemed to cause trouble and spread their wrath. And no one would ever want to meet a witches wrath.

"Right." Neji nodded, he lowered his hands placing them back down. "So if I'm in the snow village I shouldn't be that far from the Kingdom?"

She nodded "sure. But I'd suggest now going now. Night is coming and you don't want the wolf to go after you."

"The wolf?"

She rolled her eyes putting her weight on her left side making her cloak swish slightly "the wolf that attacks our village every full moon. It eats someone every full moon without fail." She had a disgusted face thinking about it.

"Why don't you just leave?"

She shrugged "I like the snow."

"Are you lying?" He narrowed his white eyes at her.

She nodded "I have a grandmother, but she's too old to leave." The woman had a small smile as she studied him in curiosity, "and I do like snow!"

Neji asked "what's your name?"