DEVO #2 | God of Mercy

THINK:

         God of mercy. We hear a lot of talk about justice and grace, but whatever happend to mercy? We hear of how God's our God of justice, swooping in and giving people what they deserve. We sing of the God and his grace- how He not only forgives but lavishes blessings on us.

         So where does mercy fit in? What is mercy?

          Mercy is withholding what someone deserves. Here's an example: someone calls you a name and treats you badly. Justice would be treating them the same way back. Mercy would be withholding that and being kind anyways.

         SO WHAT?

         What's that gotta do with God?

           God is a God of mercy, justice, and grace. His forgiveness is a free gift. It is true to justice because Jesus paid the price of sin for us. It's mercy because we don't deserve to be forgiven. It's grace because He loves us anyway.

            That's what's amazing about God.  His love. His justice. His mercy. Wow.

        LIVING IT OUT

       Spend some time today just thinking about how great God is. Appreciate what He did for you on the cross and relish that you are loved, even though you don't deserve it. 

      Ask God to show you His mercy. Ask Him to reveal to you who He is. Pray that you will get to know Him more. Spend some time just resting in His presence. Get away to a quiet spot, if only for five minutes, and rest in the fact God is holding you in His hand. Just listen. God may speak or He may not. But just hang out with Him. Desire to know Him more.

     God's crazy about you, kiddo. Don't forget it.

_________________________________________________________________

Please vote and comment! Hope you enjoyed and grew closer to God.

- Katrina