This Stray Heart

"Yeah. Babe, love you too. Talk to you later. Tell Jakob I said hi. Ok. Bye" I hang up the phone. I let out a long sigh.

"Hey, Bille," My manager says. I look at him. A cute blonde is standing next to him. I draw the conclusion that she's our opening act. She looked nervous.

"Yeah?" I ask playing it cool. (Which I'm terrible at.)

"This is Juliet Simms with Automatic LoveLetter. She your opening act. I thought you should meet her before we hit the road." He says. I look at her and extended my hand to shake hers. She shakes it back. (Note to self this girl likes jewelry.)

"I'm Billie. Nice to meet you," I say.

"Juliet, I'm super stoked to be able to get to open for the legendary Green Day. This is so cool." She says in slightly raspy voice. She had a gorgeous smile.

"I've heard some of your material you're an amazing songwriter."

"Thank you that means so much coming from you."

"Well, come on Juliet. Time to hit the road," my manager says.

"Oh ok. Nice meeting you," she say before turning around and begins to walk off the bus.

"You too," I say at the last second. She turns her head smiles over her should. Oh gosh someone help me.

Juliet's POV

I answer the knock on the door of the bus. It's Green Day's manager.

"Hi Juliet. I know you've already met Tre and Mike, but Billie Joe is on the bus right now. I think you two should get aquatinted before you hit the road. Y'know what I'm saying," he's says punching my arm.

"Yeah sure let me get my jacket." I left him at the door and grabbed my oversized army jacket and phone. I slip my arms through the sleeves and let it rest loosely on my shoulders. I walk back to him and exit the bus. We walk to a green and black bus with hints of red. He opens the door and users me in. He was on his phone. He didn't look happy.

"Hey Bille," he's manager says. Billie's eyes skim over me. I immediately feel self conscious and wrap my arms around my torso.

"Yeah?" He asks calmly raising an eyebrow. My teeth play with my lip piercing and a twirl my dirty blonde hair around my fingers.

"This Juliet Simms with Automatic Loveletter. She's your opening act. I thought you should meet her before you hit the road," he says. He gives a slight nod and extends his hand to shake. I shake his hand. I pull away first. I wanted to keep my hand in his soft hand.

"I'm Billie. Nice to meet you." He says staring straight into my eyes.

"Juliet," I say slightly quiet," I'm super stoked to be opening for the legendary Green Day. This is so cool," I say giving a toothy smile.

"I've heard some of your material you're an amazing songwriter." He says with a wide smile.

"That means so much coming from you," I say blushing.

"Well, c'mon Juliet. Time to hit the road," Mr. manager dude says. (He hasn't told his name. That is his new name.)

"Oh ok. Nice meeting you," I say giving a small wave, before turning around. I hear footsteps following me. Right before I leave the bus I hear a,"you too." I look over my shoulder and smile at Billie before leaving. This'll be interesting.

Next Day
Juliet's POV

I wake up and sit up. I bang my head on the top bunk. I mutter under my breath and rub my head. I climb out and grab my clothes. A pair of flared leather pants and a Pink Floyd tank. I walk to the bathroom and lock the door. I look into the mirror. I'm not pretty. I'm just bony and pale. I sigh and turn on the water to my shower. I let the warm water fall onto my shoulders. I wash my hair and body, before climbing out. I dry my hair and body. I slip into my clothes and brush my hair. I look at myself in the mirror on last time. I open the door to see Tre's face. I scream and grab my chest over my heart. I start breathing heavily and push past him. I heard a familiar sound of laughter. Billie Joe was in the corner doubled over. I walk up to him and hit him on the back of the head. I cross my arms and tap my foot angrily.

"Alright. Who's genius idea was it to give me a heart attack?" I sneer. Tre terrifyingly points at Billie. His eyes widen and he's darts out of the bus. I slip on shoes and chase after him. I stop and look around. I don't see him. I feel someone tackle me. We land softly onto the grass. Two greens orbs staring into my dull eyes. We begin to lean in. I react quickly pushing him off.

"What the heck was that, Armstrong." I say.

"I don't know. I thought it'd be funny." he shrugs.

"Trust me it was hilarious." I say sarcastically. He looks at me with puppy dog eyes. I sigh and give in. I push myself up begin to walk back to the bus. I turn around and see him laying in the grass. He's just staring at the sky. I turn back around and enter the bus. I see Tre sitting on the couch.

"Out." I say arms crossed.

"But," he whines.

"No buts. Out." I say in a motherly tone. He hesitatingly stands up and walks out. I shut the door and sit on the couch. These men are going to kill me.