This Stray Heart

~The Next Morning~

Billie Joe's POV

I wake up to a phone ringing. It's mine. I take it in the other room. It's my lawyer. I press answer and put it up to my ear.

"Ello?" I ask.

"Billie Joe. It's me Marcus."

"What'cha need?" I ask.

"I got the papers. You and Adrianne need to come in at about 10 to officially be done." I was so happy. Months of court dates and arguments had ended. I signed in relief.

"Ok. Do you need me to call her or can you?" I ask.

"Would you mind? I need to sort out these papers before everything happens."

"Yeah no problem. Bye," I say hanging up the phone. I decided to call her before Juliet came looking for me. I hit her contact and listen to the ring. Finally she picks up.

"Billie?" She asks excitedly.

"Yeah."

"What do you need? Did you finally drop that girl and wanna get back together."

"Adrianne we are over! We are never getting back together! I think I found my one true love! I'm not giving her up. What I actually called about was the finalization papers. You need need to be at the office by 10 today."

"Ok," that's all she says before hanging up the phone. I sigh and sit on the recliner. I run my fingers through my black hair. The bedroom door opens and a sleepy Juliet walks over to me. I pull her down onto my lap.

"What was the call about?" She asked yawning.

"Marcus, my lawyer, has the divorce finalization papers. I had to call Adrianne to let her know." She just nodded but a hint of jealousy flickered in her eyes. I just held her close to me. She seemed to relax. I turn on the tv and put on the news. Juliet groans. She kisses my jaw and neck. I'm slowly getting turned on. I shift awkwardly in my seat. She starts biting my neck.

"Juju." I whisper.

"Hm?" She asks.

"I'm trying to focus."

"You're not trying hard enough." She said before getting up and swaying her hips into the kitchen.