8

Vote and comment please xx.

"So, do you have any plans about New Years Eve?" Odette asks me through the phone.

"No, I don't" I smile to myself at the idea that pops in my mind.

"Neither I have any." She sighs in frustration and I immediately tell her my idea.

"Do you want us to go to Times Square?"

"Times Square?" She gasps, "only the two of us?"

"Yes, let's try something different." I state, excited.

"Okay."

"Okay? Really?" My eyes go wide and I big grin stretches on my face.

"Yes," she laughs. "Let's do something different. "

"I'll pick you up at eleven. Is that okay?"

"That's perfect." We both stay in silence for a couple of minutes until I break the silence.

"I can't wait to see you."

"Neither, I can."

...

I stop my car out of Odette's flat and I get in. I enter the lift and  I feel  my heart  beating rapidly. Will she like my surprise? How am I going to tell her this?

"This is impossible." I mumble as I rub my face. I get out of the lift and head to Odette's door. Before I knock the door, it opens out of the blue, surprising me with the ethereal presence of Odette. My heart is about to jump out of my chest as I take in her appearance.

"Wow, Odette you look stunning." I compliment her and she blushes. "Shall we go, my beautiful lady?" I ask her in my fake, posh, British accent as I take a bow extending my hand to her. Her melodic giggle fills my ears and I wonder, how on earth I found such an amazingly intriguing and beautiful person. I smile at her as she takes my hand and looks at me with a funny look.

The drive is silent. The only sound that can be heard in the car is the voice of Frank Sinatra that calms me as I get through my plan one more time in my head. We get out of the vehicle and walk to the middle of the square. Hundreds upon hundreds of people are here waiting and waiting for this year to leave and the new to come, to bring them more memories, more opportunities and hope.

I look at Odette and smile as I see her looking around, taking in the festive aura and the smiles. We reach the middle of the square and I start dancing ridiculously to the song that plays in the speakers. Odette leans back with her eyes closed tight and her hands in her belly from the laughter.

"We got  here just in time." I tell her as I see the 'ten seconds' clocks appearing in every screen. The clock starts counting down and I hear every single person in this square counting down too.

I smile and look at Odette. She looks at me and her eyes shine with excitement.

"Five" She screams.

I can do it.

"Four."

I can.

"Three." My heart beats faster. I haven't stopped looking at Odette and she hasn't stopped looking at me. My heart beats fast. My knees go numb, I'm getting sweaty. Is this how it feels?

"Two."

"One." We both barely whisper as we look in each others eyes

"Happy New Year." Screams everyone and fireworks erupt in the sky. I waste no time as I take her face in my hands and crush my lips to hers. My action surprises her and she stays still for a while. She suddenly unfreezes and wraps her arms around my neck bringing me closer to her. My arms lower to her waist and I hug her as my lips continue their assault on hers.