The reunion

Grace POV
I sat on my bed looking out into the night, cold and crisp , with a feeling of dampness from the rain blowing through my window. As I look out into the night I think about Damon and am not sure how to feel. I mean part of me think I should be mad and angry because he left but at the same time I have never stopped loving or missing him so then I start to feel happy that he is back. That is when I here my door creak open and there he is, Damon standing there with his black leather jacket and big blue eyes.

Damon POV
There she is, my beautiful sister, I don't know what to say or even how to start to talk to her like we use to, but I have to try. I started to make my way over to Grace's bed when she leaped up ran and hugged me very tight. With much relief and joy I picked her up and spun her around. We stayed in the hug for a while, not talking. Then she let go so I looked into her big hazel eyes and said "I'm sorry, I know that you don't understand why I left but it was to keep you safe, you have to believe that it was very hard for me to leave the only thing keeping me sane." She looked at me with watery eyes, kissed me on the cheek, smiled and said i forgive you on one condition". "And what is that" Damon said now feeling as though the part of him that had been lost has been retuned. "Never leave again".

Grace POV
I said this to Damon with a shaky voice thinking that he would never agree to something like this. But to my surprise he smiled, hugged me tight once more, and whispered in my ear " we are always and forever little sister".