Chapter 1

I never believed in God or any of the Catholic's beliefs. I don't find that wrong to not believe in that but, seriously, it's only a belief. You can't claim any of it to be real if it's nothing more than that. I attend a Catholic school only because my parents placed me in it. I made a deal with them that if I want total control of my life I had to attend this school. My parents are overly scared of me. I find it hilarious that I can have that much control of what I can do and, being 16 years of age, it seems to make sense.

I had to wear a stupid white uniform, but since this school can't control my life choices, I get to be the rebel of this all-perfect Catholic school. I dyed all my clothes black and came to school with my head up high. All the horrified and disapproving looks I got made me feel even prouder.

Take that, you made up god!

I entered school and I'm surprised I actually made it to junior year. I thought I would've stayed back a few years and get out of high school at 25. I didn't even come to school with a book bag anymore. Apparently that was my first mistake. Principal Rita was the first to notice. I know I scare her as well, but that was a little hard to configure. "Sierra, I see you aren't fully prepared today. Would you like me to call your mother?"

I looked up from my Samsung galaxy and gave her a look of aggravation. I sighed, "My mom is well aware of me not coming to school prepared. Just give me the usual." The usual, meaning detention. I normally start off school with detention and Principal Rita knew this.

She looked kind of afraid and stayed silent. This made me feel uncomfortable, slightly. She tilted her head and looked like she mumbled something under her breath that I didn't care to catch.

"Sierra, I've known you for 2 whole years and I knew from the moment you showed up to school in a mini skirt and crop top that I had a need to keep my eye on you. Am I not correct?"

Looking past her head and seeing some nice blond walk into the school, I smirked," I'd say you have every right to keep your eye on me, seeing as though I'm too attractive to not be watched every second of the day. Am I not correct?." I chuckled and shook my head, walking past Principal Rita only to be grabbed by my left arm. "Hey, let go!" I tried shaking her off, but she was strangely tougher in that little pencil skirt of hers.

She got in close to my ear and I could hear the feeble authority in her voice, "Sierra, I'm being very serious when I say that I'm looking out for you and if you don't believe in what we believe, that is okay. I want you to get in class and pay close attention instead of wandering off."

She released me and I didn't dare look at her. I was too furious at what she was implying. I took a step forward and, while doing so, groaned and rolled my eyes and shrugged. "Fine, yeah, whatev. You're the boss." Leaving that closing statement, I walked away and into the boring doors that led to my death.