Chapter 7: The Supply Closet

I arrived at Southwinds, saw his gorgeousness behind the counter, ordered my latte  "for here" and he grinned and gave me a sexy chin lift.

Once I got my oversized porcelain white cup and saucer, I sat at a cafe table and went though my phone out of the reach of his overwhelming physical charms.

I realized that I had been been sitting in Southwinds for a long time and I should be getting home. I had lost track of time and of where Ryan was. He wasn't at the cash register.

I gathered my purse and wandered down to the bathroom, which was in the very back of the shop, carrying the coffee shop key, attached, with dignity, to a large serving spoon. When I emerged, Ryan was coming down the hall.

Before I could do anything, he suddenly walked into my space and grabbed the back of my head with one hand, my tail bone with the other, and pressed me up against the wall, his mouth one inch from mine. My breasts crashed against his hard, broad chest and I got an up close and personal view of his "Ryan" nametag on his apron. Oh, and that sexy surfer face.

So of course this happened too fast for me to process.

In my daze, I noticed a combination of protectiveness and power from him. He shielded my head and ass from getting hurt, but he was still in control—and still slamming me up against the wall. I dropped the serving spoon with a clatter.

"You with him?" he asked, huskily. God he smelled clean and good.

I was amused that he was jealous of Jake. Jake was good looking, sure, but his personality kept me from being attracted to him in any way other than as a distant observer. It was nothing like the seductive pull I felt towards Ryan.  It was easy to answer Ryan honestly.

"No. He's just a coworker." I responded in a quiet voice, an inch away from his mouth, looking into his eyes.

"Anyone else?" he asked, roughly.

"No." I whispered.

"Then you're with me." And he closed the gap between us instantly, his warm mouth kissing mine, all of his body pressed against mine.

I lost myself in his kiss, in his body, and dropped my purse to the ground, grabbing his tight ass and pressing him into me with both hands.

He hardened immediately and wow, it felt huge. He was a tall drink of water after all—it must be big.

Our tongues fought for position, our hands wild all over each others' bodies, and he broke apart with a growl, staring at me.

"No control. I have no control with you."

"Me neither," I said.

This was apparently the right thing to say, because he grabbed my hand, bent down to pick up my purse, and hauled me into an adjacent storage room and shut the door, locking it.  There was a small window with frosted glass, allowing in ambient light.  He didn't turn on the fluorescent light overhead.  The room was stocked with boxes of paper cups, lids, and paper towels, huge burlap bags of coffee, and industrial cleaning supplies. It was infused with the heavenly scent of coffee all around us.

In an instant, his mouth was back on mine and it was the best place for it to be. I nipped at his lips, chased his tongue, and grabbed every part of him I could.

I got to touch his hair.

I repeat, I got to touch his hair.

It was unbelievably soft, with thick blond curls and golden glints.

Without any control, I started untying his black Southwinds apron and he ducked to take it off. I yanked his shirt out from his pants, wanting, needing to feel those abs that I have dreamt about.