3:49 on 4/24

Camila doesn't leave.

She has nowhere to go, really. So she doesn't bother to rush. She takes her time.

She strolls around the apartment. Yes, apartment. After looking out the window, she realizes that she's in some sort of building. And it doesn't seem to be occupied by anyone but her.

So now she sits, lying on the ground with her feet propped up against the wall. The water is still dripping, landing a few inches away from her head and creating a hypnotic tapping in her ears. The smaller girl studies the cracks in the ceiling, realizing they look a lot like constellations.

She's not afraid. There's really nothing for her to be afraid of. The only thing she fears is closeness. And from the looks of it, she is alone once more. In her mind, that makes her indestructible.

Camila grows bored over the course of the day, entertaining herself with whatever she can find around the apartment. The rain is still pouring down, showing no signs of stopping. Otherwise, she might have headed home by now.

When Lauren reappears, Camila is carving patterns into the old hardwood floors with a shard of glass. She doesn't even look up from her artwork when she hears footsteps behind her.

Lauren is somewhat shocked that Camila is still there. She studies the girl's carvings, humming softly and walking back into the small kitchen.

Camila lights another cigarette.