Chapter 9

The next morning Reanee had to get everyone up at seven thirty. Reanee told her charges to get ready before they ate. Andrew arrived promptly at eight thirty. They were soon on their way, but Reanee noticed that Andrew was stiffer than he normally was. They arrived at the church and went in.

"Let me give you guys a quick tour, then I will get you settled in your Sunday School Classes," Andrew replied.

"Thanks!" Reanee whispered and he nodded.

The church was small, so the charges were situated in their classes by nine, with the understanding that they would meet in the lobby after class. Reanee followed Andrew to the young adults class.

"Here you are," Andrew replied.

"Join me, this is your class, too," Reanee replied, looking right at him.

Andrew sighed, then nodded. The moment they walked in, Reanee sensed that some of the young adults were shifters. Reanee sensed the bear shifter and looked at a man around Andrew's age. Pain and grief still radiated off him. The guy turned around when the person he was talking to stopped talking. His eyes widened when he looked at her. Reanee realized that shifters could sense other shifters but they could not tell what kind they were unless they were the same type of shifters. Which meant Andrew did not recanized this shifter from the airport an this guy did not know what type of shifter Andrew was.

"Andrew, I see you have finally decided to join us. What made you change your mind?" the bear shifter asked.

Andrew hesitated.

"Reanee Partlow," Reanee introduced, holding her hand out.

"Ben Burt," the bear shifter introduced, shaking her hand, hesitatingly.

Reanee sensed the fear and smiled.

"Do not worry. How are you holding up," Reanee whispered.

Ben tensed and all the shifters went silent. Ben looked right in her eyes and she knew that he knew she recanized him.

"I am holding up. A life for a life. Better you did it in self-defense then the human's fiance doing it in revenge," Ben replied.

Reanee shuddered.

"I suppose, but that does not mean I want to do it again. Oh, thanks for the warning, but I think I am willing to trust the shifter I came across before you," Reanee replied.

"That is up to you. You an Alpha that's for sure," Ben complimented her.

That laughed and class started. Andrew and Ben sat on either side of her throughout the class, even though they both seemed reluctant to participate with each other. When class ended, Reanee and Andrew rose to leave.

"Wait, please meet my sybolings," Ben asked Reanee as he stood in front of her, while three other bear shifters walked up behind him.

"Sure," Reanee agreed, even as Andrew frowned.

Reanee smiled as Ben introduced Blake, Bob, and Byron. The triplets were muscular like Ben of course. Reanee smiled as she shook beach of their hands.

"Nice to meet all of you but we got to go. My sybilings are probably waiting," Reanee informed.

The bear shifters smiled and nodded. Andrew and Reanee went to the lobby to find the others waiting. They found seats in the back of the chapel, so all eight could siy together. Service began. After service they joined the rest of the church members for a banquet. The eight of them  and the four bear shifters were soon sitting, eating, and talking together. Bad blood were dissolved and friendships were created.

The word Alpha is used instead of Luna because of the different type of shifters.