p r o l o g u e 2

Prologue • Chloe
one year ago
⠀Soccer is my life. I live and breathe the sport. I've been doing it for about, I'd say ten years and I'm now 15. I just can't live without it.

⠀⠀I was at a huge game. It was huge because it would determine whether we would move to the championships and possibly be labeled as the best soccer team in our state. It was big. And, as the star player, I needed to win. That's exactly what I'd do.

⠀ We were tied with the other team with only a minute left. I took a deep breath. You can do this, Chloe.

⠀⠀"C'mon, Chlo! You can do this!" I heard a deep voice yell as I was kicking the ball down the field. I looked over at the stands and noticed my best friend and biggest supporter, Josh Hyland sitting there cheering for me, as he did everytime. Josh wasn't just my best friend, though. I've had a crush on him since we first met in second grade on the playground.

⠀⠀My heart sped up, as it did everytime Josh even said my name. I was so busy focusing on Josh, I didn't even notice the players from the opposing team surrounding me in a huge cluster. Everyone was yelling at me to kick the ball over to them. I couldn't even think straight.

⠀⠀As the players got closer and closer, I could barely breathe. "CHLOE!" I heard several voices call.

⠀⠀Then, I blacked out.

⠀⠀This was how it all started. I just wanted it to be the end. Little did I know, it was only the beginning.

//end of chapter