Chapter 2

Daisy struggled to keep up with the creature as it lead her to an unknown destination. She noticed that there was steam streaming from little holes on the floor. The thought that it might be poisonous to her crossed her mind but she shoved it aside. If they wanted to kill her, and the other women, she was sure they would have done so in a more . . . unruly manner. The walls, and just about everything else, was made of steel. Or metal. Bored of her surroundings she studied the hulking mass in front of her. He was tall. On the higher scale of the alien species' height. He would have no problem looking down at her. This bugged her slightly. She had enjoyed being tall, at her 5'7 stature. Granted she wasn't that tall, but on a normal day she stood taller than most people she knew (that weren't other models). It was buff. Like, really buff. Her eyes traveled down its toned arms to its thundering thighs. She was sure if she threw a stone at the alien's thigh it would bounce right off and the guy wouldn't have even noticed. But, unfortunately there were no rocks and testing her theory would probably not have been smart either.

The alien, Th'vk, stopped abruptly and turned to face a panel on the wall. Daisy was grateful that she had kept her distance while walking with the guy or else she would have face planted into his arm. She was sure that it would have hurt her more than him. After entering the pass code a door slides open. He did not enter. Daisy turned to find him staring at her. Okay, maybe it's ladies first. Her hesitant footsteps echoed as stepped through the doorway. The first thing to register in her mind was that the room was a bedroom and that sent chills down her spine. It had a large mattress so grand it would put a California king to shame. In a corner was a door, and she hoped that it was a bathroom. But, what she really noticed was the wall to the far right corner reserved for skulls. Lots of skulls. She timidly walked toward the area. They couldn't be real skulls, could they? Daisy had taken some anthropology classes in college since she found it to be an interesting subject. So, as she froze in front of the display she knew that there were craniums belonging to Homo sapiens. Human skulls. Beyond that she identified several skulls belonging to the Ursidae family and elephantidae.

Daisy didn't understand why it hurt to know that they hunted humans, bears, and elephants, but it did. Are they going to use us as sport? It took a moment to feel that someone was standing behind her. She immediately knew who it was and it frightened her. Was he going to kill her here? In the confines of a bedroom? Daisy didn't know what to do so she laughed. Laughed at the incredulity of it all. What else was one to do on this type of situation? Fight? Oh, it would be an epic five second battle. Daisy was bent over holding her stomach from the pain of insistent laughing. Finally it subsided and she was left in a silent room with an extraterrestrial. He emitted a heat that was oddly comforting. Over laughter she hadn't heard the purring but now it was luring. She turned to face him. There is no way it's coming from him. Her thoughts were cut short, his hand coming to rest on her head. Every muscle in her body froze. His hand was large. It made its way through her hair. Its black soulless eyes studying her behind the mask. His hand trailed lower until it was very close to one of her breasts. Daisy stepped away from him. "Hey, not so fast. I don't even know you." She tried bystep the creature but it didn't allow her. Once again there was silence. Then it moved aside to let her through to the rest of the room. Not really sure of what to do Daisy sat at the edge of the bed all the time eyeing the alien warily. Nothing was spoken for minutes.

Then, there was clicking like she had heard before. "Listen, if you're trying to communicate it's not happening. I don't understand a thing you're saying." The clicking sounds stopped. The alien then started to fiddle with the wrist gauntlet.

"n'jauka - welcome, lout-dte kale - child maker." An androgynous robotic voice spoke.
Child maker? Who the hell gave them that name?

"My name is Daisy, not child maker - or bearer, or anything else of that nature." She gave a hmph at the alien. Sexism in the galaxy, not a surprise. But then she froze. Child maker = baby maker. Please Lord, tell me they have women of their own! She looked at the alien to find that his head was tilted to the side. Unnerved by the silence she thought of something to say him but nothing came to mind. So the silence stayed looming over them.