14~ Life's Obstacles

Dan's P.O.V
Silence filled the air as Abbey opened the navy blue door. Holding my breath, I look to Y/n. Colour has filled her face and the heart monitor is going at the correct pace. Looking around the room I see, pink, purple and blue 'Get Well' cards. I also see a bouquet filled with, tiger lilys, white tulips and her favorite, blue orchids.
Walking over to her, I notice her lips twitch. Questioning myself, I rub my thumb over her lip. She nuzzles my hand with a small smile. I turn to Phil, he's looking at all of the cards.
"Phil." I say.
"Hm?" He replies.
"Look." I tell him, whilst nodding to his sister. He drops the card and walks immediately to her.
"Y/n?" He asks her. We hear a groan and her body flinches.
"Huh?" Abbey says,
"Shh, she's waking up." Marisa ushers.
Y/n's P.O.V
I hear voices, familiar voices. It's like they're trying to talk to me. I tilt my head to the side to try and hear the voices better.
"Y/n?" I hear, it sounds like someone I know. I try to speak, but it comes out in a mumble. 'Well at least I can talk.'
I'm trying to move, but I can't. With one powerful push, I can move my body. More voices fill the air. I feel something sharp in my elbow, and a cold rush through my arm. Getting some feeling in my face, I try to open my eyes. It's the only sense that isn't communicating with my brain.
After two failed attempts, I'm able to squint. The light is too bright for me so I push my head to the side, getting the bright white light out of my face.
After a few seconds, I can open my eyes fully. I feel a warm hand on my face, obviously covering the side of my face that is still showing the light. Tilting my head up slowly, I try to make out the face that's staring right back at mine.
"Y/n?" The voice asks, I stare at the face more, 'Okay, so it's a male.' I say to myself.
"Y/n?" Another voice says, this ones more, high pitched.
"W-Where am I?" I ask, ignoring the voices.
"Y/n, you're in a hospital." Another male voice says.
"Y/n do you remember anything?" The male voice says, I shake my head, "no."
"So you don't remember any of us?" A female asks.
"Well, I might if I could see your faces." I tell them. I get pushed on my back and the bed gets put into a sitting position.
"Now do you remember?" The female asks again.
"Maybe say your names?" I tell them.
"I'm Marisa." The female says. She has Brown hair that is just below her shoulders, blueish/brownish eyes and yellow glasses
"I'm your brother, Phil." A male says. He has black hair in a fringe and blue eyes.
"I'm Kitty." Another girl says. She has brown hair, almost like a boy cut but with a bit longer bangs that sorter cover her left eye and she has blue eyes.
"I'm Connor." A male says. He has blondish/brownish hair that's in a quiff and greenish/blueish eyes.
"I'm Abbey." Another female says. She has short caramel hair and brown eyes.
"And I'm Dan." A male says. He has brown hair, the same cut as my brother, but with brown eyes.
"Okay, I'm familiar with the names, Phil, Marisa and Abbey." I tell them. Dan's face drops.
"So, you don't remember me or Kitty or Connor?" He asks me.
"I'm trying to remember, maybe if I have sometime separate time with each one of you, I might remember?" I tell them.
"Okay, all of you out. I'll be first." Dan sighs. They all nod and leave the room.
"Y/n are you sure that you don't remember me?" Dan asks.
"I'm sure, but would you have anything that would help me remember you?" I ask, this isn't the first time this has happened, so, I know what I'm doing. He mumbles something, but I can't hear it.
"Look, can you remember this?" he asks, whilst handing my his phone. It's a photo of all of us. I shake my head.
"Swipe, there's more." He tells me. Swiping, I see photos of me and him. Photos of me with other people and him.
"I still don't remember." I tell him.
"Okay." he sighs, and he mumbles something else that I can't hear.
"Okay, I have one more thing, if this doesn't work, I don't know what will." He explains.
"Wha-?" I was about to say something but, I was cut off by his lips softly kissing mine. After a few seconds of shock, I kiss back softy. The kiss was soft, but it meant something, something that I'm trying to remember. After a minute, he pulls away.
"Do you remember?" He asks.

"Yes, yes I do Dan Howell." I smile. He smiles back and cups my face in his warm hands. We kissed once more. It's blissful and passionate. I wrap my arms around his neck to pull him closer. He moves his hands down to my waist. We stay like this until Dan hears the door open. He pulls away.

"She remembers."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

A/N: Hello! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. It was really awkward writhing the last part of this chapter..
Sorry for the crappy chapter last week, I was being rushed. And sorry that this chapter is late.
I hope that you liked the song choice *cough* Marisa *cough*
If you have anything that you would like to happen in the chapter please let me know!
ThatDanasour Is the lovely Kitty ❤️
phanismyliterallife Is the lovely Marisa ❤️