Chapter Three

I thought Allison and I had an understanding, if I kept her secret she'd leave me be for the majority of the day but with her I was beginning to realize that nothing was ever set in stone. I had just finished sobbing in front the bathroom mirror, picking burger meat, lettuce and peppers out of my hair. I stared into the mirror, rubbing my puffy eyes with the back of my hands and sighed. I rested my head on my folded arms and relaxed on the counter for a few moments.

This shouldn't be this way, she should be frightened of me! I'm the one with powerful blood!

Why was I trying to fool myself, after my dad passed away nothing about me was the same. I somehow lost my confidence and cocky attitude, now I was just unsure of myself and had no sight of where I was going being bullied by a girl, Oh Kai, I had no idea where the pack was headed. I couldn't understand the misfortune the Goddess was bestowing on me and I prayed silently that she'd grant mercy.

She was one to care for young girls.

I journeyed out into the vacant hallway slowly, clutching my over the shoulder to my chest as if it were a shield to my body; more than self conscious. I heaved thinking that I would be able to sneak out the back entrance and run home before anyone could see me.

That was not exactly my luck.

There were heavy footsteps coming around the corner fast and before I could disappear back into the bathroom Eric spotted me.

"Hey Katherine! One of the teachers wanted to know if you were really going to join-...Are you alright?"

"Urgh....I sort of fell in the cafeteria and....well.." I shrugged, showing him a sheepish smile.

So much for making new friends.

"Come on, I might have something I could lend you. It might be a little smelly though." He smiled, looking a little embarrassed.

"It's better than smelly cafeteria meat," I chocked slightly when he leaned over to flick a red pepper slice off my shoulder.

"You do know this school has showers?" He chuckled from my shocked expression.

"You couldn't have told me that earlier?" I giggled, following to his locker, "What why were you looking for me?"

"Ummm, oh yeah, Ms Lina needed to know if you're serious about joining band because we're assigning instruments today and marking down our names on the sign up sheet."

"Which room?"

"The band room is on the southern end of the compound. I'll meet you there, room 182. I have to go help with the set up." He stated, handing me a grey and blue varsity jacket and a green t-shirt before  slamming the locker shut jogging off down the hallway.

After lingering around, peering through random places I finally found the showers. I placed everything down on the the low counter opposite the showers and undressed. I scrubbed and scrubbed until most of the remnants had gone down the drain. 

I hugged myself, shivering after I had air dried and pulled back on my jeans along with the t-shirt and varsity jacket; more than happy to be somewhat clean when my cell phone began ringing.

"Where the heck are you?!" I had to pull back because the person was yelling into the phone.

"Who is this?" 

"It's Allison, God you're slow Katherine. I need you to come home now."

"But I'm in the middle of something...."

"It's importatnt, it has to deal with the clan so stop whinning and get over here."

I hung up, scurried an apology onto a piece of paper and stuffed it into Eric's locker; I probably wasn't going to have a friend by tomorrow morning considering I bailed on him against my will.