Sunrises

--Oliver--

"Romance who loves to nod and sing,
With drowsy head and folded wing,
Among the green leaves as they shake,
Far down within some shadowy lake,"

I read from one of the letters Arthur had written me, this one containing a poem he had copied down. I laid my head on his chest as we both rested in my bed, groggy and sleepy with the morning sun crawling into the sky and sending orange and red light into my bedroom.

"To me a painted paroquet,
Hath been-a most familiar bird-
Taught me my alphabet to say-
To lisp my earliest word-
While in the wild wood I did lie"

Arthur's fingers trailed through my hair again, the bare skin of his chest warm against the back of my neck.

"A child- with a most knowing eye,
Of late, eternal Condor years
So shake the very heaven on high
Which tumult as they thunder by,"

Arthur's hand wandered from my hair and down my chest, wrapping itself in my fingers.

"I have no time for idle cares
Through gazing on an unquiet sky.
And when an hour with calmer wings
It's down upon my spirit flings-
That little timer with lyre and rhyme,
To while away- forbidden things,"

Arthur sat up and took me with him. He took the letter and set it on the table by my bed, holding my face in his hands and giving me a small smile that made me remember why I fell in love with him. He stated the last two lines of the poem himself, his voice silk and lovely in my ears, his hands soft and gentle on my cheeks.

"My heart would feel to be a crime
Unless it trembled with the strings,"

He kissed me before I had time to respond, pulling my lips to his as he let one of his hand slip into my hair and the other rest on my cheek. When he pulled away, he rested his forehead on mine and smiled. I returned that smile, grasping his wrists as his hands held my face, making me see his beautiful eyes which made me think of treasure and forests and adventures and love.

They say that love is red. That love is the color of passion, of heat and the sultry, everlasting flame of a fire.
I disagree.
Love is green.
Love is the deep green of a forest which has no footpaths or maps and is traveled by a lucky few men once in a lifetime.
Love is the dark green of a mystical wood which holds within it creatures no man has seen, and power greater than all others.
The vivid green of plants and ivy which grow bigger and healthier and more beautiful there than anywhere else.
Love was green.
The exact green of my love's eyes, which peered at me through a mess of blond hair and bore into my soul more emotions and beautiful things than I could ever explain in words.
The green of Arthur's eyes and all the beauty which he held within them, the secrets and smiles and love and romance which he kept behind them kept me coming to him, kept me loving him, kept me wrapped up in his touch and his life.
Love is green, sparkled by the beautiful orange fire of the sunrise sprinkling in through a window.
Love is green, with the face of someone they love reflected back at you in the gentle light of the moon.
Love is the green you know is there, even when eyes are closed in a kiss or in sleep.
Love is green.
Arthur gave me that green. That bright, beautifully crafted, shockingly deep green everyday.
He filled me with a love that was green and bright, and I could never feel anything so powerful and ethereal from anyone else. No one else could give me this happiness.

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"

----------------------------------------------

A/N:

THE END.
WAHHHHHHHH
IDK WHAT TO DO IVE BEEN WORKING ON THE STORY FOR THESE TWO FOR TWO MONTHS THIS IS CRAZY
I GUESS NOW IM ON TO NEW THINGS.
AND BY THAT I MEAN SCOTFRA.
(🐑✖️🍷)
SQUEAL
SQUEEEEAL
ITS CALLED "RED WINE" SO LOOK OUT FOR IT

THANK YOU FOR READING I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH I CANT EXPLAIN HOW HAPPY IT MAKES ME TO SEE THAT PEOPLE HAVE READ MY STORY, AND I LOVE GETTING NOTIFICATIONS AND SEEING ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS (lookin at u FlyingMapleUnicorn ) JUST MAKES ME SMILE AND IM SO THANKFUL YOU TAKE THE TIME TO READ MY STORY ITS AN AMAZING FEELING AND I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR IT I JUST
AHH
I LOVE YOU