Chapter 5 | A Makeover!

Chapter 5| The Makeover

Special dedication to Ihdz_mhe_arhnah coz 18th July was her birthday. Love you Anna!

Also dedicated to babyblinxs for her insane comments and votes on every chapter.
Still as annoying as ever Mimi! :-)

As soon as I uttered my last word, I realised that the French lady had been scrutinizing me carefully. I squirmed under her intense gaze, wondering what her problem was. After a few more seconds, she turned to Henry.

"This girl will never pass for the Princess Rosa," she said. "The Maldonians are smart; they will figure it out within five minutes. She doesn't act like the Crown Princess, doesn't look very much like her either. I thought since they were twins and all...ah well, I've always liked a challenge."

I was surprised at the American accent she had adopted, and I stared at her.

"I'm partly American, and partly French. The French only comes out when I'm angry. I have quite a temper," she admitted sheepishly, as if she had read my mind. She must have been pretty annoyed when she was talking to me on the phone then.

"Your face seems pretty familiar. Have we met before?" asked Mum. I looked at the woman closely, and I realised that it seemed like I had seen her somewhere before.

The woman laughed, a soft laughter like tinkling bells. "I get that a lot. I'm Kianna. Kianna Winters." She held out a manicured hand for a handshake.

I gasped. No matter which rock you hid under, you could not have not heard of Kianna. She ruled the fashion world. She defined fashion. She was fashion. She was an international supermodel, who had stopped modelling a few years ago to start her own line of clothing: Seasons.

"Kianna?" Mum tapped her chin. "It rings a bell..." Let me correct myself. My mother had successfully managed to find a rock under which she could hide and not know Kianna immediately her name was mentioned. Trust her to accomplish such a feat.

"Mum, she's a model," I murmured, trying—and failing—to hide my cheeks which were reddening in embarrassment for my mother's sake.

"Ex-model," Kianna corrected. We all walked outside.

"Maybe I've seen you on TV," my clueless mother mused. Whatever rock she had found, it was very well hidden.

As we were all chatting, Mrs. Parker's granddaughter, Taylor, managed to sneak into our yard, under the noses of the guards, and spotted Kianna.

"Oh. My. Gosh!" she squealed, hyperventilating, and fanning herself with her hand. "It's the Kianna Winters. Kianna Winters. This is unbelievable! Nobody's going to believe this. Ms. Winters, may I have your autograph? I'm your biggest fan, I take every single tip you give, I exfoliate, I..." she rambled on and on.

"Would you take a picture with me? Please?" She stretched out the please like a child asking for candy. Kianna smiled kindly at her, stopped the guards who were about to drag her away, and took a couple of pictures with her.

Taylor looked as though she as going to faint from happiness. I rolled my eyes. I knew it wasn't every day one saw a supermodel, but she didn't have to exaggerate it so much.

"Take her away swiftly," said Henry, clapping his hands, as if that gesture would cause the task to be performed faster.

"Wait, so her name is Taylor, and they should drag her away swiftly?" I asked, chuckling. Nobody laughed.