Eighteen

18.

Addison

      "Sitting through my class and doing nothing is not an option," Finstock naturally held his coaching voice, everyone wincing. "Midterms are far away, but don't think you can slack off."

      Ap Econ was void of sophomores, except for me. It wasn't so bad, but it gave me a questionable sense of junior year.

      "So, although you're 'advanced placement' kids, some of you are complete morons. Honestly I don't know how some of you are even in this class."

      Coach was always so good at supporting his students.

      "So!" Finstock was sat on his desk, "How about you losers actually try to do the homework for tonight?" He looked up as the bell rang. "Perfect, now get the hell out."

      Collecting my stuff, I looked up to find myself getting snapped at. "Yes, Coach?" As the room cleared out I walked up to his desk.

      "I've got some stuff for you." Getting off of the corner, Finstock went around to his file cabinet. "Are you really going through with this?" he asked, searching for a certain file i'd requested.

      "That's what I'm planning on," I said, my bag over my shoulder and my textbook in hand.

      "Props to you, kid," Finstock praised, making me almost question if he was okay. "How come it's marked as classified? Principal Thomas said not to say anything about it."

     "Because I asked," I told him as he produced a thick stack of papers. "It's not something I'm advertising."

     Coach nodded, handing the pack over to me. "Well, that's everything for senior year econ first semester since I've already graded your final. Nicely done, by the way. I think you're too smart for your own good, Stilinski."

      "Thanks, Coach." I started walking towards the exit. "I'll come back for the rest once I'm finished with this." Opening the door, kids were already filtering out of school for the day.

      I walked to my locker, my econ course pack hidden away in my bag. I gave a few waves to people passing by, Erica included. Most kids were in a rush to leave but I knew I was stuck with waiting for Stiles.

      "You're late," Isaac noted, already about to run for the locker room just as I got to my locker.

      "I had to go over some work with Finstock." I shrugged, popping in my combo and pulling the door open.

      "You're coming to practice, right?" With my lack of heels, he stood a foot taller than me.

      "Think I might just steal Stiles' keys and go get groceries. He's always hungry after practice so he tries to get anything he sees in the cart," I decided, knowing I could get more done without him. "Why?"

      "Just curious. Bring me doritos if you do go," Isaac said with a smile, walking backwards before turning and jogging down the hall.

      Taking my time, I walked towards the other end of the school. Once it was officially five minutes after lacrosse practice had started, I snuck into the boys' locker room through Coach's office.

      Already aware of which one was Stiles', I put in the memorized combo. Shifting through his backpack, I found the keys to Roscoe. "Bingo," I said quietly, shutting his locker and leaving the moderately disgusting smelling room in the school.

      "Where are you off to?" a tight voice asked judgingly.

      "Is it any of your business?" I flatly responded with another question, the hem of my white dress making me regret not wearing weather-responsible clothes.