Ten

10.

Addison

      After my shift, I changed from my uniform into appropriate hunting gear once Tara had dropped me off. There hadn't been anymore werewolf activity, but Stiles hadn't seemed to find Scott yet.

      From what I knew, Scott was still roaming Beacon Hills in a half-wolf state.

      I'd become accustomed to staying hidden, even from smell. My leather jacket and hunting boots both smelt like the woods, which gave me an advantage.

      I climbed into one of the large oak trees that had been around for ages, hoping it would give me a better view. The moment I got to the top of the tree, my phone went off.

      Wincing a little, I pulled out my cell and leaned on the sturdiest branch. 

      "Can you meet me?"

      "Is something wrong, Chris?" I asked, peering over the forest below me.

      "No, nothing's wrong." Chris hesitated a little. "I've had some complaints about your age from the other hunters."

      "I can't really change how old I am." I replied, seeing the sun start to sink below the tree line.

      "I know." Argent laughed, "I was thinking more of you showing them that they should be willing to follow you blindly."

      "Are you giving me permission to kick their asses?" A smile flitted onto my lips. "Count me in."

      "There's a clearing in the preserve near the camping entrance. Are you far?"

      I rotated my body, able to spot two SUVs in the distance. "I can be there soon." Putting my phone in my jacket pocket, I made my way down to the ground.

      I'm always up for putting arrogant hunters in their place.

      "Oh, please. She's sixteen. We'll give her a light tap and she'll go down." A hunter with coffee coloured skin spoke, unaware of my arrival behind him.

      Chris grinned, looking down slightly as he saw me but didn't give me up. "Are you sure about that?"

      "Two taps, maybe, but do give me some credit." I said, grabbing the man's arm and pulling it back before connecting my foot to him with enough force to slam him face first to the ground. I let go with him crumpled to the forest floor, smiling.

      "Nice to see you, Addison." Chris brightly said, leaning on the hood of his red SUV.

      "You too." I blew a wave of hair from my eyes, looking around to the other stunned hunters.

      "That's the savage?" One asked, eyebrows furrowed as he glanced over me.

      "That's not very polite." I said, putting weight on the hunter at my feet so he couldn't get up.

      "We only meant that you weren't raised under the code." Someone quickly said, "That's all."

      "I was expecting more of a fight." I lifted my foot before holding my hand out.

      The man rolled over, grabbing my hand and letting me pull him up. "Sorry."

      "What's your name?" I asked, not intimidated by how he towered over me.

      "Reddick." He fixed his hat, "This is Unger, Bennett, Richie and Jared."

      "Addison has only been hunting for about a year but it would be unwise to under estimate her." Chris informed them, running his thumb over a flashbolt that was used to momentarily blind werewolves.